Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Well after a few months lurking ...

Ian Fisher

I've decided to introduce myself .....After 25 years in banking reaching some heady hights i've chucked it all in and have created "Pristine Pole" working in the Poole area in Dorset, i've found the forum really useful in all sorts of ways. Business development has been great primarily organic though i'm currently considering Yell.Com or Checkatrade- Any thoughts???

View attachment 2983

Hi & welcome to the forum Ian :thumbsup:

I've not bothered to go down the paid yell or checkatrade listing route myself as found no real need too.

How do you currently gain new business?

Hi & welcome to the forum Ian :thumbsup:
I've not bothered to go down the paid yell or checkatrade listing route myself as found no real need too.

How do you currently gain new business?
Hey Smurf Thanks - been watching your posts and your clearly a fountain of knowledge!- So far been concentrating on Facebook and word of mouth, concious that winter is approaching and i want a final push before we get into the dark months....done a little canvassing and will be doing some more this week....

I've seen your facebook page already that you are currently working...well done:thumbsup:

However I would strongly suggest you sort out a professional looking search engine optimised website as a priority first before going down any paid listing route. Reason being I found the one page site you have at the moment which to be honest is no good at all if you want it seen on the first page of google organic search results say for "window cleaners in Poole".

A good company website I think is the most important thing to have as first impressions count and all that.

Welcome bud

I have found facebook etc good but you can't beat door knocking..even half hour a day (couple of small roads ) is really beneficial

Surprising how quick the odd 1 or 2 jobs gained per day add up..

Just don't get disheartened when you get a blank day when no one seems interested

Won't take long fella

I've seen your facebook page already that you are currently working...well done:thumbsup:
However I would strongly suggest you sort out a professional looking search engine optimised website as a priority first before going down any paid listing route. Reason being I found the one page site you have at the moment which to be honest is no good at all if you want it seen on the first page of google organic search results say for "window cleaners in Poole".

A good company website I think is the most important thing to have as first impressions count and all that.
Agree Smurf, i'm working on the new site which should be available in a few weeks, but once its up and running i am concerned how i can get my listing further up the search tree....ideas??

Agree Smurf, i'm working on the new site which should be available in a few weeks, but once its up and running i am concerned how i can get my listing further up the search tree....ideas??
Ps I'm pleased with the FB Page and glad u like its picking up a job a week as i'm hitting all of the local groups

Welcome budI have found facebook etc good but you can't beat door knocking..even half hour a day (couple of small roads ) is really beneficial

Surprising how quick the odd 1 or 2 jobs gained per day add up..

Just don't get disheartened when you get a blank day when no one seems interested

Won't take long fella
Hey Davey - Thats the route I always intended on going and will be back into over the coming weeks - it can be disheartening and i need to man up

I've just had to rebuild my own site as was on a free hosting server that went tits up. Needless to say I took @Njones advice and got paid hosting and used wordpress platform to build a responsive site.

I only put it live fully yesterday and to my amazement received my first quote request form through it today. /emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Since google bots have started indexing the new site it's starting to appear on the first page for organic search results for relevant search terms again. But to be fair my old site was on first pages too but did not work very well on mobile devices. Was a bit of a bummer loosing the old site but my new site resizes on different mobile devices being responsive so is a much better user friendly website for ppl using mobile devices. /emoticons/smile.png

Nice. Where do you now appear on the Google search ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back