Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping your pole clean?

my banana is a dirty little *****:))....well i dont do enough work to get my pole dirty but i always clean my pipework with an old scrim as i curl it up....and ....it always stays in a nice curled up state ready for next use....:swear:

i usly take mine apart an wash in the shower in an out of the tubes i only clean mine every now an again as an when i fiel it needs it

bit off topic lol but if mark lived next to that stream he could use the water to fill his tank as long as tds is not to high:D

Interesting to note in @Alex Gardiner guide is

3. Additionally, a spray of dry-film PTFE spray over the overlap area will improve the life of the pole. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED LUBRICANTS SUCH AS WD-40 or GT-85

Why not Alex?

Going by the flow rate of that stream he could also use a water turbine to charge his battery too /emoticons/biggrin.png

bit off topic lol but if mark lived next to that stream he could use the water to fill his tank as long as tds is not to high:D

Interesting to note in @Alex Gardiner guide is
3. Additionally, a spray of dry-film PTFE spray over the overlap area will improve the life of the pole. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED LUBRICANTS SUCH AS WD-40 or GT-85

Why not Alex?
1. It is not recommended by carbon fibre tube manufacturers as it can possibly lead to de-lamination of the matrix material from the carbon fibres.

2. It can create a sticky film which will attract more dirt to the surface of the tube sections.

3. It can interfere with the clamping efficiency.

Dry-Film PTFE spray has none of these issues.

Bit of trickery going on there methinks mr @Alex Gardiner as it looks like you have deliberately photo shopped that can label :laugh:

So come on what make is it you little devil & don't say ptfe? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Bit of trickery going on there methinks mr @Alex Gardiner as it looks like you have deliberately photo shopped that can label :laugh:
So come on what make is it you little devil & don't say ptfe? /emoticons/biggrin.png
Leave uncle Alex alone :iaminnocent: I'm getting one of those DI funnels next :thumbs:

So if I advertised a clear plastic bottle with a clear liquid in it labelled "falling down water" would you drink it @Tuffers without smelling it first.

a. could be poison

b. could be gin or vodka etc

c. could be plan old water

Interesting to note in marketing terms the first two are ok but the last one is in breach of trading standards as you wont fall down at all drinking it. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I advertised a clear plastic bottle with a clear liquid in it labelled "falling down water" would you drink it @Tuffers without smelling it first.
a. could be poison

b. could be gin or vodka etc

c. could be plan old water

Interesting to note in marketing terms the first two are ok but the last one is in breach of trading standards as you wont fall down at all drinking it. /emoticons/biggrin.png
If uncle @Alex Gardiner was selling any of the above, I'd buy it. I think he's fab :*

Latest Posts

Back