Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning polycarbonate

S

SolarPanelCleaning

Or at least that what I think it is. It's a conservatory roof.

Anything I need to consider before giving a quote?

Was just going wfp it.

Thanks!

There are a few things to consider

1. access - all sides?

2. style - shape and style of the conservatory roof?

3. pitch - angle/pitch of the roof?

4. finials & crests - yes/no?

5. size?

6. condition?

7. outside tap - yes/no?

edit by @Tuffers 8. does the roof leak - yes/no /emoticons/biggrin.png

Some are a right pain to clean depending on the above so you need to price accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Access is good, there is lead coming from the wall over the top of the plastic a few inches.Just price it the same as glass then?
That looks clean apart from couple of bits of moss. Polycarb is a lot easier to clean than glass. I'd say you could charge £50/£60 for that as long as it's as clean as it looks. Not much run on it to drain off though, but it won't matter being polycarb.

Others will say more, but I think that's a fair price as long as you don't have to travel too much. Looks like it's in the highlands?

Mid wales butty, not sure I could charge that much though? Step ladder and wfp, be done in 15 mins.......I thought a tenner for the roof.

Maybe I need to rethink pricing........

Mid wales butty, not sure I could charge that much though? Step ladder and wfp, be done in 15 mins.......I thought a tenner for the roof.
Maybe I need to rethink pricing........
It would take more than 15 minutes to do that properly. I agree with step ladder and WFP though. A tenner is not enough for that mate. You have the tools to do the job, they possibly don't, so that's how you make your money :thumbsup:

I work quick, like a greased whippet on speed! Can't help it. Maybe it'll take me a little longer, but not much.

Cleaning rest of house too.

Doing that roof for just £10....Busy fool springs to mind @SPC as it will be harder than you think.

Just my opinion you understand :rolleyes:

Yeh you're both probably right. Hard worker, **** businessman! I'll treble it and see what happens.......

I know it's hard trying to price jobs up correctly that customers will want to pay. Now to be honest I just don't care if they like my price or not as I'm not going to work my socks off for bugger all./emoticons/wink.png

She wants me to do the insides too. She says they're dirtier than the outside, dripping with nicotine. Nice. It is their smoking room.

What's the best chemical for removing this?

Cheers!

She wants me to do the insides too. She says they're dirtier than the outside, dripping with nicotine. Nice. It is their smoking room.What's the best chemical for removing this?

Cheers!
Still want to do it for a tenner? /emoticons/biggrin.png Mop and blade off step ladders and be prepared to go home with ginger hair :laugh:

And use a 0° squeegee on a pole if you can..can keep out of reach of the dirty water

now that would be the fastest runner ever...dont forget...insurance wont cover for insides../emoticons/biggrin.png

in fact..clean the outsides...easy peasy...then take off the holding bar and flip the sheets and clean from the outside....actually..they are sided for uv so you cant do it ...im off...ahh gav...i need a runner smilie...

images

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd be off faster than linford

I have the occasional smoke but I can't stand that smell of dirty water from a smokers windows inside....rancid

******** it's half a days work for sure. Not been in to have a look yet though.

I know they're heavy smokers.

Is there something good to spray on nicotine dripping windows, or just scrape it off like fat from a cold frying pan!

I had to clean my own as the wife & I use to smoke. Lets just say I would never do another smokers conservatory again unless I got triple day rate.... Like that's ever going to happen /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just had a roll up myself. Strictly outside these days. Only smoke when I drink. Only drink after work.

Tarting up the website tonight.

When I say I don't smoke anymore I'm using one of those e-cigs (puffers) now but for how long who knows.:rolleyes:

Back