Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Alarm bells ringing

Tuffers

Had a call from a bird asking for a quote to clean the windows on an industrial unit. The thing is, it hasn't been cleaned in ages and needs to be cleaned by Monday of next week. I asked if it was a one off and she said there was a possibility of a quarterly clean. She says there are 10 windows that are about 4' x 2'. I've tried looking at it from Google maps and can't see a unit that looks anything close to it. They are all big feck off places. Maybe she got confused when I asked how many windows there were?

1) The job is about 10 miles off my patch.

2) I need to go and quote it in the next few days.

3) It's going to be minging.

4) I can only fit it in on Saturday.

5) Will more units come off the back of it?

6) Is the managing director paying a flying visit and are they desperate to impress him?

7) They will pay from petty cash, but how do I get paid on a Saturday when they're not there?

8) It could be a nice little earner if they're desperate!

9) Add your thoughts here........

Will they bacs the money to you?

Tuffers was it you who gets magic sponges cheap. .if so where from..if not help me someone

Will they bacs the money to you?Tuffers was it you who gets magic sponges cheap. .if so where from..if not help me someone
Yeah, they could BACS I suppose.

Re magic sponges, I got 200 off eBay for just over a tenner inc delivery from China. A word of warning, if they look blueish in the listing, don't buy them, as they are cr4p. Buy the white ones. I've got a load if you want to try some. Don't buy off UK sellers, as they are a rip off.

How about asking them to send a pic of the unit? Sounds like it could be a good earner for the reasons you gave, but depending how much you need or want the work I would quote high as it sounds likely you'll get a bite.

Ta tuffers

Got a couple from asda for a quid to try but a job lot sounds good

How about asking them to send a pic of the unit? Sounds like it could be a good earner for the reasons you gave, but depending how much you need or want the work I would quote high as it sounds likely you'll get a bite.
Tried googling images of it and the only ones that come up are other units they have in Europe /emoticons/sad.png

I agree with pricing it high. What I don't get is why wait till now to get them cleaned on a deadline? Just seems odd.

Tried googling images of it and the only ones that come up are other units they have in Europe /emoticons/sad.png
I agree with pricing it high. What I don't get is why wait till now to get them cleaned on a deadline? Just seems odd.
I know what you mean. I had 3 similar deadline calls from homeowners last week strange. What I meant with the pic is why not ask your point of contact if they could take a pic on thier mobile and send it. Almost everyone has a camera phone these days, and it could save you a lot of bother.

I agree with all of above but what I find is if your intuition sets alarm bells off these are usually the jobs that are a nightmare from start to finish.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Just go with your gut feelings as they are normally correct I say /emoticons/wink.png

I would want to earn at least a days wage plus travel for that one if not more for a 20 mile round trip and that's without seeing it /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just go with your gut feelings as they are normally correct I say /emoticons/wink.png
I would want to earn at least a days wage plus travel for that one if not more for a 20 mile round trip and that's without seeing it /emoticons/biggrin.png
Yeah, but I don't think £400 would be fair :whistle:

i would drive over to it one evening to look a.s.a.p. . iv always got paid quickly on that sort of job i wouldnt fret about getting my money. id reckon itd be a 1 off but always worth doing at a normal , but not low no matter what, price as other intresting jobs will likely rub off from it

Yeah, they could BACS I suppose.
Re magic sponges, I got 200 off eBay for just over a tenner inc delivery from China. A word of warning, if they look blueish in the listing, don't buy them, as they are cr4p. Buy the white ones. I've got a load if you want to try some. Don't buy off UK sellers, as they are a rip off.
Tuffers what size are they ,I got ones but they are very soft and don't even last one house ?!?!?

Latest Posts

Back