Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fast

norm

how fast can you go without tying your ladders to you roof rack

I managed 50mph :rolleyes:

has any one beat this ?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::turd::turd::turd::turd::turd:

er ...i just hope ...you took your time stopping....
had drove about 4 miles when my voice in my head said did you tie ya ladder

yes of course said i and kept driving

hmm think i will check anyway

oh **** dont know how they stayed on as they were sitting askew and had slid backwards

:doh:

i think i would be possibly either killed somebody or caused big damage

used my doubles then changed to my trebles put them on the van but didnt secure them

schoolboy error could have turned out v bad @Smurf

I have drove up some windy roads and forgot to clamp them, couldnt believe they stayed on. When coming home today I thought they seemed to be bouncing a bit more than usual, got out and checked them, solid as a rock, just get neurotic sometimes, after they all flew off when I forgot to clamp them on a country windy road, no damage to anyone, just a dent in my roof and pride:eek:

It can happen to the best of us so as suggested by someone else get in the habit of putting the ladder clamps/straps on the driver seat. That way you should not forget to secure the ladders before you drive off.

i think i would be possibly either killed somebody or caused big damageused my doubles then changed to my trebles put them on the van but didnt secure them

schoolboy error could have turned out v bad @Smurf

your best bet is to put your clamps on the floor on the driver side and you wont do it again , 50 mph is good going , i was doing about 40 and off the ladders came , it was a miracle that i didnt kill someone

Since someone on here suggested it I put my front clamp on the drivers seat

Only had 1 clamp on the front once..didn't remember to put the back one on

Went round a roundabout and they swung out sideways. .if a cyclist had been there he would have been minus his head

We need a clever clogs to make a system, a clip that fits onto ladders and sends a signal to the driver to remind if ladders are clamped or not,, just like the door warnings if a door not shut properly. Next best thing as already suggested put clamp on driver seat.

your best bet is to put your clamps on the floor on the driver side and you wont do it again , 50 mph is good going , i was doing about 40 and off the ladders came , it was a miracle that i didnt kill someone
That must have been scary mr shine.

My worst was on a motor way when my small ladder for doing bungalows flew of and just missed the lorry behind, how the driver never pulled over to give me a smack on the face for making him s**t himself I'll never know but full marks for restraint. On that occasion I think it was my ladder clamps getting to the point of losing its threading and some how came off, from then I've made sure they are on properly.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

my beloved A frame which I had for seven years, my favourite ladder, double ladder plus A frame came of on A1 volvo estate drove over the Aframe snapped in two. Thank god to one was injured.

My ladders are now in my van.Even went one step further no roof rack on van

just glad i stopped and checked as i wasnt going to as i was on the way home and had convinced myself they were good but thought check anyway

i dont know how they stayed on but if the worst had happened would be hard to live with

Latest Posts

Back