Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Want to start up a pressure washing business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SqueekyCleanMachine

Hello so I have been thinking for a while about starting a business I was a traditional window cleaner for 2 years but got admitted to hospital and lost the job, I always thought about a power washing business while working there

I need to know from yous pros what the best way to approach this what is the best equipment and is there anything I should be learning before going in for a clean ?

I was in 2 minds either to start a window cleaning business or a power washing business the thing with a window cleaning round I live in a small place and it is swamped with window cleaners mostly affiliated pricks so I don't want to be stepping on anyone's toes for that reason power washing seems the best way to start I was thinking off doing Conservatory's and Driveways or even doing a full house clean something like this on a leaflet

Power wash Driveways and Conservatory's

Also Windows and frames cleaned

I know adding in window cleaning is going to add more to the start up cost so would probably be best to drop this anyway you pros could you tell me the best way to approach this best equipment what I should read up about for doing pressure washing like soaps and all other stuff related to this area it would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance

I would say the outlay for pressure washing is a lot higher , machine ,guns,trigger ect .there are many pros to pressure washing , any weather work for example. One job could be the equivalent to 10 houses(window cleaning) . money in one place ect.

window cleaning is smaller outlay ,could set your self up (WFP) backpac for 500-600 . Or even cheaper trad . window cleaning is regular work so that a pro , What about traveling out of your area ?

No mate not from stevenage from Northern Ireland I like the idea of having work all in 1 place as for travailing out of my town the further you go the worse it gets lol what would you say the start up would be on a pressure washing business about 1000-2000

Have a good look through previous pressure washing threads as alot of info is already on them that may help.

If wanting to set up an external property cleaning business from scratch then buying a suitable size van and all the right kit for the job would set you back alot more than 1000- 2000 even buying stuff second hand from the likes of fleebay.

My first guttervac cost me £1500 on it's own let alone anything else

Last edited by a moderator:
I was referring to pressure washing costing 1000-2000 , I bought a Honda engine powered petrol pressure , 150 bar ,for 800 all in , pressure washing pipe 300 , lance 90 trigger and fitting s 90 , don't need massive van , I use a trailer 300 .. So it can be done . O and that's all brand new .

As for gutter cleaning just grab a ladder and start scrubbing lol

Sorry I must have misread your post

Regarding gutter clearing and cleaning if only it was that easy /emoticons/biggrin.png

Whereabouts in northern ireland you from? I find this place great for window cleaners, no shortage of work and loads of new houses sprouting up everywhere!

Although my charm and George Clooney looks help me I suppose

What pressure washing set up would you guys recommend? Lets say I have nothing in regards to pressure washing and would want to be doing moss removal off houses from the ground also.

I was try to find and add a delusional one @J D but could not find one @Gav /emoticons/biggrin.png

Whereabouts in northern ireland you from? I find this place great for window cleaners, no shortage of work and loads of new houses sprouting up everywhere!Although my charm and George Clooney looks help me I suppose

No point buying **** as they don't last 5 mins or do the job properly. Is something I'll have a can kitted for that and gutter jobs alone looking forward. Window van will be too busy to do other jobs hopefully once I win those council contracts lol.

Falch is not shite by any stretch of the imagination @AJ windows /emoticons/biggrin.png

What washer have you got then?:rolleyes:

No point buying **** as they don't last 5 mins or do the job properly. Is something I'll have a can kitted for that and gutter jobs alone looking forward. Window van will be too busy to do other jobs hopefully once I win those council contracts lol.

Back