Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Aqua-pure Portadown

Hi guys , anyone out there that has experience of cleaning solar panels .

Ie -pricing (buisness) and any particular brushes to use ??

Have to price a large factory roof soon and would like some info and advice !

Thanks in advance :)

I charge £ 1.50

Per panel I find most who have them want to spend money on getting them on the roof but don't want them cleaned yet !!!!!! I got a couple of custies who want them done now , I clean a hotel that has a water panel set up it was manky hadn't been cleaned for three years ( from new) it was heating the water but only up to 45 degrees , cleaned them with pure , there heat the water up to 60 degrees max before cut out , now saving oil to boost temp ..'now the owner wants them cleaned when I clean the windows Result ... Good selLing point now

Think of a panel as a delicate window. Use a soft - medium brush. If they are bad, you can use boars hair. Don't use hot water on them. And do protect yourself against electrical shock unless you know they are turned off. I also find that you need a good flow rate on your water.

I charge £ 1.50Per panel I find most who have them want to spend money on getting them on the roof but don't want them cleaned yet !!!!!! I got a couple of custies who want them done now , I clean a hotel that has a water panel set up it was manky hadn't been cleaned for three years ( from new) it was heating the water but only up to 45 degrees , cleaned them with pure , there heat the water up to 60 degrees max before cut out , now saving oil to boost temp ..'now the owner wants them cleaned when I clean the windows Result ... Good selLing point now
Sounds good to me Natty :)

yep i havent done any yet but...a price guide is a good idea...best be ready...dont forget to tell the custy about the ten percent min increase in output...then their ears will pric k up..../emoticons/biggrin.png

yep i havent done any yet but...a price guide is a good idea...best be ready...dont forget to tell the custy about the ten percent min increase in output...then their ears will pric k up..../emoticons/biggrin.png
You may find that you'll need 2 bananas stuck together to reach them cnc.

Speaking of which I was at a job so as you do got chatting to the customer about the hot water system of her roof. I was told that a chap was coming back to remove it as was not working an old but never did. She then went on to say someone called her to say that whilst on another job the chap fell off a roof and died so she never bothered in the end. I wondered why she seemed so worried about me clearing her gutters as obviously this was on the back of her mind.

I've installed a couple of these, theyvome with a flashing kit, bit like a velux. Everyone I speak to says they work very well, reducing the power used by the hot water element.

It's almost certainly a false economy to have the cleaned though? Even at my budget rates.

If they where painted black I would have thought would work even better as the sun would heat them up more so the water inside them would get hotter quicker./emoticons/biggrin.png

If they where painted black I would have thought would work even better as the sun would heat them up more so the water inside them would get hotter quicker./emoticons/biggrin.png
According to some of my customers that have solar panels, it's not the heat of the sun that makes them work efficiently.

It is on roof tube water heaters @Tuffers I'm talking about.
Yes, I re-read the posts above after I posted and concluded that you were talking about tubes. I left my post as it was as I thought it might be useful to someone /emoticons/smile.png

Back