Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What bank account is needed for window cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scottie

Hi all,

Justa thought, what bank account do you use for window cleaning and do I need to use a business account and not my personal account. I assume I will be paid most cash in hand and soem cheques.

Whta do you all use and advise? I jst do not see the use for business use account when mostly is cash taken in our job?

Any tips would be great.

Thank you.

Scott

iv done both ,a biz account and personal . my opinion is open a personal with either nationwide or halifax building society , both of these dont mind if you pay in cheques in your name often ,whereas you start paying in cheques often to a bank personal account they get onto you very quickly and you will be taken to one side and force you to open a biz account,which can cost you dearly in bank charges one way or another.

i buy the tellers in the building society a xmas gift which i feel helps them to help me. they know im running a biz but long as you dont overload them with cheques theyr ok

yeh i am only on a personal account...them robbing no good son of a :eek:...they should be all lined up against the wall with estate agents....and of course they come away with a nice bonus....

no probs with a personal....not so many cheques these days...quick must rush to work to get my £6 from yesterday nicely left in an envelope by the front door before some toerag door caller sees it and thinks its xmas...

I have personal account only but I am pretty sure that they soon force me to open business as I do a big painting and redecorating job for management agency and it shows on my account...In a first year of trading you can use business account free of charge in most banks but after...another story...o_O

Its crazy, monst money will be cash, so will only be putting it in and buying some equipment now and then, which i would do on a persoanal account anyway, so a business account is hardely used is it in window cleaning, unless i have lots of commercial works.

I just do not see the point in it. so if i got paid all cash, would the bank still require me to ue a business account as tbh i would nto pay the money in to the business account i want it in my personal account so i can pay DD's and buy things.

I take it most of you use personal. I just think it madness they force me to use a business account and it will not be used lol. What do they charge then duirng having one? I HATE BANKS!

I use a business account, with Santander, can't say they are great or bad, but they are decent I suppose as far as banks go, the big bonus though is they are free.

The reason I used them is you can use the post office to pay money in, and living in a small town this was ideal, also I used to run a vending machine business and all the banks I looked at actually charged you for paying in a lot of pound coins etc, Santander don't.

HI, So santander dont charge to have a business account. So when you work, do you bank the money each day? Do you live form your business account then? This is one area I need to look into asap..

Most of my window cleaning is paid by BACS at the moment, so it goes directly into that account.

I have another account as well for personal use, doing it this way I find makes it a lot easier to keep track of money, what goes into and out of my business account is business money only.

Hmmm, so I will earn cash window cleaning and thta will be my only source of money, so i earn say £100 tomorrow and where do I pay that in? my persoanl account or business? if its always business, my personal accoutn will have nothing in it eventually. Or do you pay money in to business and then transfer it to personal account to pay your DD's etc..... For me it makes it difficult haveing two accounts, its not needed at all tbh for such a small business. id have cash on me each day and i need to live form that, so will not all go in bank anyway, then its what account shall i put it in? has to be persoanl as that is what i live form, just only see the business one is good for buying business items equipment as its all logged on one account thats it really. Cheers:)

Not really one way to do it for everyone really.

I would pay ALL business money into bank account and have it set up to give me a wage each week directly into my personal account.

this way I leave some for business bills, taxs, vehicle fuel etc etc, I have business insurance and all business based bills going out of business account.

I use a personal account with the Co-op. They know I'm a window cleaner and really don't care. I can pay in at the local post office.

Tht a good way, pay all money into business account and have it pay you a monthly wage, sensible that and leave some in for the petrol and quipment purchases and business related out goings. I cna understand that. Just a hassel though keep putting in the money to your business account at a PO OR BANK. Also i would be dipping into it daily, but i suppose as long as you log what earnt on tax book youdont have to bank the exact money in to businessa count do you. Cheers Diwrnach

SP cleaning, I wonder if co-op actually care, they are different from banks, thats a good one.

So i see form santander, the only cost is £7.50 a month to use business acount, i pretty much would nto have any other costs that i can thik of, they dont charge to put money in or put cheques in do they on the business account. what charges do you get on santander?

Latest Posts

Back