Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New window cleaner basing business off bashing wfp

Diwrnach

So a new window cleaner has turned up in the area, that is fine no problem at all, except he has wound me up as his entire marketing ploy is to bash the hell out of water fed pole, which is how I clean now, so is almost like an attack on my window cleaning.

Not sure the best way to tackle this really, here is his web site which is smothered with anti WFP propaganda http://www.thewindowman1.co.uk/

Also this is his Facebook advert "My name is Matthew Softley I have just moved to Bourton. I run and own The Window Man Window, Gutter & Fascia Cleaning Services. It's Swindon No1 Traditional window cleaning business in Swindon.

We are expanding The Window Man to Bourton and the surrounding villages. Please visit my website and read my customer reviews.

Only traditional methods are used. The reason for this is simple. There is no damage in the form of scratches to Upvc frames and s...ills. Frames and sills are cleaner and whiter due to the fact they can be cleaned, and not just washed down with water. There is not Water marks or spotting left on glass.

We are fully insured including public liability, key holders, and use of ladders.

We offer 4, 6, or 8 weekly cleans. All frames sills and doors cleaned as standard every clean. Also you know when we are coming to clean your windows. We don't just turn up when we feel like it.

In 5 years we gained 400+ customers from all the companies in Swindon that use the Reach Water Fed Pole System method of cleaning."

Would love to hear your thoughts on this, and how to best handle it as pretty much everything he says is, well, bullshit.

Go and splash some non pure water on all the windows he does! That is just ridiculous and really does not help people using wfp. I always found a few custies that were sceptical and this just does not help, he is a muppet

Go and splash some non pure water on all the windows he does! That is just ridiculous and really does not help people using wfp. I always found a few custies that were sceptical and this just does not help, he is a muppet
Agree entirely, but how do I tackle this? he has come into my main area and is spouting this everywhere.

I would like to point out I have no problem with competition, and have several window cleaners in the area and we get along fine, but this kind of tactic he is using is pretty much a direct attack on my methods and is outright false and misleading, he is basically lying to people to get custom.

I would like to point out I have no problem with competition, and have several window cleaners in the area and we get along fine, but this kind of tactic he is using is pretty much a direct attack on my methods and is outright false and misleading, he is basically lying to people to get custom.
Exactaly, i am not sure how you would tackle this though. When i was cleaning i often had a good old chat to both wfp and traditional cleaners. One day it even happened that in a row there was me a trad next door and another wfp next door to him. We all got along, like you say though using that has his marketing campaign is not helpful at all. I really dont know how you can tackle it really.

Do not waste energy on such nonsense. When your at home after working half his hours for double his days wages then put your feet up, pour another coffee & laugh at him.

Do not waste energy on such nonsense. When your at home after working half his hours for double his days wages then put your feet up, pour another coffee & laugh at him.
Yeah I know what you are saying, I just hate people lying like this, and his post on the same selling pages I use is more or less a total attack on me, my methods and an attempt to make me look like a cowboy and someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

I was talking to somone yesterday, well a few people round someones house and they were told by a WFP company that came round and knocked on her door, you dont want to use a traditional window cleaner, times have moved on and due to insurance and safty its dying out. I have the compnay on the flyer here but wont mention names. Anyway she then said that a man two doors up got rid of them as they scratched his window the pole must have been lowered to ground and picked a up a stone or somthing. I have heard alot about WFP users telling people this is the future. I am thinking of going WFP after doing traditional. I listened to a lot of advce on here and stoped the idea of trad pole work for ladders as I thought about it hard and researched on line etc and the best way is ladders imo and people do still seem to want a trad window cleaner. I am stuck in thought rigt now as WFP to me is what I wanted to do but not sure now..... One thing is right, people need to stop slagging off each style and just push their own and all get along. Most people do, but I think its the larger companies that psuh the "dont use a trad windy".

I just think as long as yo do a great job whom cares, its the same result for the customer and that is what matters, someone could clean mine with newspaper if it came up sparkling then so be it! lol

I did however go out and look at a window in my road after a wfp user was there and i was shocked, it was awful, water dripping down still and run down the window, thats the part i dont get, if water gets locked in to the frame then runs after your gone thats not good. Do WFP users alwasy scrim the edges too? I need to look in to it more I thinks, as i did liek the WFP idea.

I've seen that site before and that chap has even phoned me asking for advice on cleaning conservatory roofs, gutters, fascias etc after I did a few of his customers properties so he is not that good by any means./emoticons/biggrin.png

Also after rave review by his customers about me he was even trying to pass work onto me that he could not do himself :rolleyes:

Both methods are just tools of the trade so to slagg wfp off is shooting yourself in the foot big time.

Last edited by a moderator:
See I have only just moved to WFP, and in my opinion using both WFP is better, but it isn't better in EVERY situation, some windows I pull out the squeegee for, and I would never bash either method, they both have there places.

But just like everything, there are good and bad at trad and WFP, WFP still has a method to it you don't just slap a brush over everything and bugger off, you have to rinse properly as well, and make sure to get into those top corners.

As for the water running down, not sure, mine are usually not streaming down after I have finished, but if the window and frame is clean then the water running off them is also clean, so no problem.

Last week I did 3 white upvc houses that I don't think had, had a cleaner for years, the frames were green, I did them all first thing and went back later to check to make sure as like I say I am new to WFP and had similar reservations to yourself, all of them were dry, sparkling and spot on.

I've seen that site before and that chap has even phoned me asking for advice on cleaning conservatory roofs, gutters, fascias etc after I did a few of his customers properties so he is not that good by any means./emoticons/biggrin.png
Also after rave review by his customers about me he was even trying to pass work onto me that he could not do himself :rolleyes:
Great, so he is a bit of a plonker all round then.

Just he has moved into my area and spewing all this ****, its really annoyed me, it just seems underhanded and no way I would do business.

Both methods are just tools of the trade so to slagg wfp off is shooting yourself in the foot big time.
So where are you based Smurf? not that far from me then?

Maybe I should invite him on here to explain to us mere mortals how all of us using WFP are doing it wrong?

hang on though Smurf, I just read on his website that he actually took all the work off people using WFP in his last area, so urely you must have been struggling for work as he had stole all yours? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Called him out on his facebook advert, he wanted to know where he was misleading so broke it down, he has no response now other than wanting to meet up "man to man" :laugh:

Back