Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many litres do you guys use....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

fuggytail

Hi guys just wondering how much water you would use on a three bed house .Im just starting up and are using a trolley system its got five flo settings im using it on number one but seem to be using loads.The trolley holds 35L of water how many houses do you think i should be doing with that.I posted my first flyers yesterday only 150 and had five calls so far and did them today nerve racking lol..but they all seem to be pleased with my work.Do you lads leave the water running all the time your cleaning or turn of clean then rinse sorry to sound so dim but this is the first time iv ever used it and would be greatfull for any tips.ALB fuggy.....

I would think you should get about 2 1/2 - 3 bed houses with your trolley and as soon as i finish a window the water is off

I agree, should get 4 houses on a low setting. I leave water on whilst cleaning & rinsing, but turn it off via a tap which sits at my hip whenever the brush is not on a window. This is a must for trolley users trying to save water.

I've seen them hip tap windy just put your belt through them is that the ones they look pretty nifty

if your useing a car get 25litre drums and fill them up with pure water and then refill the trolly when u need to simple

first cleans will take longer then regular cleans fella so hard to tell

how long u takeing per house

yeah 35 litres should get you 4 houses - good question because we're facing a drought, so it is a good idea to not waste more water than needed.

Just attach a di vessel on to your trolley so you can just keep topping up ? /emoticons/smile.png

Hello, I would like a info please , how many houses I can cleaning per day? 350 litre tank would be enough for 20 houses daily I guess. I m just think to set up a set on my van for windows cleaner but in the moment I don't know exactly what I need. Thanks all in advance.

I use a 350l tank on the van. In the summer I'll run out, but in winter it should be fine (shorter hours of daylight). In Scotland we don't have water rates (we pay through council tax), so this year I'll take a resin vessel and top up at an amenable customers while I have a cuppa I reckon. A number have offered me to top up from their outside taps (not knowing it needs filtering). As for how many houses, it depends on their location and type of house. I have a few runs of bungalows that take about 7 mins each, so if the day consisted mainly of them then it'd be way more than 20 houses. By contrast, if you're back in the van after every house and driving, especially in built-up areas, that will slow you down. My advice would be to work out what you want to earn in an hour and set your rates accordingly. Then if you really want to measure it, just set a timer or stopwatch and work out houw long each house should take based on the price and work to that. Much more productive though IMO is to just get out and work, learn by doing. You'll speed up as you get to know your round and groove the muscle memory anyway, and overanalysing can be quite destructive and demoralising.

Just my thoughts.

I'll second the hourly rate suggestion. 'how many houses can I do" is so ambiguous. I have houses that are £15 and houses that are £60. I give customers a rough range eg 15-22 for a 3 bed semi with no conservatory. Then when I do the job I fix the price depending on how long I now know it will take.

If it helps, I have a 350l tank and it does me fine for about 7 hrs, however many jobs that is. Sometimes I even have 100l left if the work is easy monthly work that I can rinse quickly.

If I have new work to do that might be grubby, or I want to work an extra hour, then I take 2 or 3 25l tubs with me. The sort you use on a trolley system. They sit in the footwell passenger side and I have a funnel I use to top up the tank with them. Rarely need them except in summer.

Personally anything less than a 500L tank and you'll be struggling some days and running out of water.....

I only work 5 to 6 hours per day and some days I'm down to my last 50L....

Remember if you have a 350L tank you'll only be able to use around 300L as you don't want to drain your tank too low or you ll get airlocks

Back