Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neil

Some big quotes this week

Diwrnach

The guy must be completely insane to pay that, like completely off his rocker......

Neil
I'd do it all from the ground and pocket the £18000......

I would take some money up front, buy a better gutter vac with camera, better wfp than my banana, have a ladder long enough for the downpipes if they are blocked.

Can't use ladders mate not allowed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diwrnach

Fuck it charge him 10 grand to do it if he is willing to pay 18 just to give you access.

Diwrnach

I am willing to bet you won't need a ladder anyway, I reckon that could easily be done from the ground entirely.

And the little cherry picker my mates hire firm has would reach that and will go through a garden gate.

Neil

Send me a pic of the cherry picker mate? Do you not need a licence to work on one even though the person controls it?

cheapncheerful

these flats just take it out of the yearly service charge so at a thousand plus per flat they have the money....personally....i would just order new gutters and fascia all round...:rolleyes:

Diwrnach

No license that I am aware of, need two people though if it gets uneven they shut down and need resetting from the floor.

Tuffers

If he's going to pay 18 for scaffold, he may as well just get the whole lot replaced :worried:

Smurf

You've been using your gopro again haven't you @Neil :D

Now you can just imagine winning that job priced on using a guttervac to clear out the guttering and downspouts then not being able to do it properly. You would feel a right plonker surely @Diwrnach.

Also have you ever tried cleaning the outside of guttering, fascias and soffits from the ground 3 & 4 stories up.....You maybe strong but only a fool would try :rolleyes:

Diwrnach

Now you can just imagine winning that job priced on using a guttervac to clear out the guttering and downspouts then not being able to do it properly. You would feel a right plonker surely @Diwrnach.

Also have you ever tried cleaning the outside of guttering, fascias and soffits from the ground 3 & 4 stories up.....You maybe strong but only a fool would try :rolleyes:

For 18 grand smurf I would MAKE it work, wouldn't matter if I only cleaned a meter a day for that money.

Diwrnach

I pressure washed the outside of a BPS, with that bloody heavy ass lance, that was 3 sotrys high give or take, with a WFP absolutely no problem.

Smurf

Really I beg to differ on that one as I've had to do loads of jobs by hand :D

The tool on my gutter vac is really narrow, if that can't fit in then neither can any **** lol

Diwrnach

Would probably be cheaper to hire a helicopter and do it hanging from a rope :P

Neil

Yep I sure have smurf lol, There's no way I would use a gutter vac or the wfp to do this job, the owner said if I was to use the vac and wfp would it's be 90% cleaned and I said nope probably looking 40% with you calling me back saying there still overflowing lol

Diwrnach
Really I beg to differ on that one as I've had to do loads of jobs by hand :D

Really? you must have tiny hands, the end of the narrow tool on mine is less than an inch, if that can't get in no way I am getting a hand on lol, my finger is about the same width as the narrow tool.

Tuffers
I pressure washed the outside of a BPS, with that bloody heavy ass lance, that was 3 sotrys high give or take, with a WFP absolutely no problem.

75DEFE28-E95C-4243-828F-9EF541C4F6A0_zpsppmq05sf.gif

I'm buggered if I could :sweating:

Smurf

Also who in their right mind is going to hand you 18 grand for doing that job:laugh:

For 18 grand smurf I would MAKE it work, wouldn't matter if I only cleaned a meter a day for that money.

Neil

The bloke wants it done good and done quick I'm looking to be there for a week lol

Neil
Really? you must have tiny hands, the end of the narrow tool on mine is less than an inch, if that can't get in no way I am getting a hand on lol, my finger is about the same width as the narrow tool.

If the tiles are over hangings out tool may fit in front of the tiles but not underneath where there is build up of crap

Smurf

Have you done many 3-4 storey jobs?

Still not getting why a gutter vac wouldn't;t work to be honest.

Diwrnach

You use the patent pending "wiggle" I have experimented a lot with a house that was like it, wiggle the pole forwards and backwards and it gets it.

Diwrnach
Have you done many 3-4 storey jobs?

Not 4, but done a few 3, actually hovered out a 3 story on Monday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.