Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Having a pole with no joint at reel (pics)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimmyboots

I have rigged my pole up so there is no join to the Trolley reel showing when I am working. For anyone interested.

First, I dont use a Tap on the end of the pole hose. I use an AquaTap, So this will work for AquaTap, AquaDapter (I think) and remote controls.

First I Took the old pole hose off and eplaced it with a smaller one that just hangs out of the end of the pole by 2 or 3inches

Then connect the hose to the Trolley reel as usual, without any protecta ball or obsticle

I put a little sticky padding around the male end section just in case the connection could release while sliding up and down the pole

Then I slightly extend the first section of the pole around 5 or 6 inches. This pulls the fitting up inside the pole.

And thats about it. A pole with a straight through hose with no connections showing

At the end of the day just just collapse the first section completely and the connection pops out to disconnect.

Just a matter of getting used to not closing the pole the final 6 or so inches when working, perhaps marking the pole or something.

I use an SLX 22 and the closed length of the pole is only 1.49 metres so the pole is smaller than many, but I have always worked leaving the first section fully extended anyway to save on clamp wear as I only do tops WFP.

This can also be done using a normal 8mm pushfit fitting instead of rectus fittings, and also I have tried it with my microbore hose on the van mount and it works with that too.

O rings are not on as I was just testing to see if it works.

I will give a verdict on this after giving it a weeks work next week but cant see any problems:)

Looking good:thumbsup:, I thought about putting a push fit at bottom of pole, I just use 30m pole hose, but i'm guessing that it doesnt work, as havent seen anyone doing this? I have an slx25

I have rigged my pole up so there is no join to the Trolley reel showing when I am working. For anyone interested.First, I dont use a Tap on the end of the pole hose. I use an AquaTap, So this will work for AquaTap, AquaDapter (I think) and remote controls.

First I Took the old pole hose off and eplaced it with a smaller one that just hangs out of the end of the pole by 2 or 3inches

Then connect the hose to the Trolley reel as usual, without any protecta ball or obsticle

I put a little sticky padding around the male end section just in case the connection could release while sliding up and down the pole

Then I slightly extend the first section of the pole around 5 or 6 inches. This pulls the fitting up inside the pole.

And thats about it. A pole with a straight through hose with no connections showing

At the end of the day just just collapse the first section completely and the connection pops out to disconnect.

Just a matter of getting used to not closing the pole the final 6 or so inches when working, perhaps marking the pole or something.

I use an SLX 22 and the closed length of the pole is only 1.49 metres so the pole is smaller than many, but I have always worked leaving the first section fully extended anyway to save on clamp wear as I only do tops WFP.

This can also be done using a normal 8mm pushfit fitting instead of rectus fittings, and also I have tried it with my microbore hose on the van mount and it works with that too.

O rings are not on as I was just testing to see if it works.

I will give a verdict on this after giving it a weeks work next week but cant see any problems:)
Tuffers top tip; don't mix cross plys with radials ::p:

Looking good:thumbsup:, I thought about putting a push fit at bottom of pole, I just use 30m pole hose, but i'm guessing that it doesnt work, as havent seen anyone doing this? I have an slx25
Try it mate. It depends how much having the connection that you usually have gets on your nerves, snagging on things etc. This has only come to my mind after seeing them from Aquadapter making their new pole with the connection in the pole

Why have a push fit connector at the top and a rectus at the bottom?

Wouldn't it be easier just to have the one connection to the reel at the top of the pole, either rectus or push fit?

I suppose then you'd need to rethread the hose up the pole to connect.

Lol You answered your own question /emoticons/biggrin.png
I know, but I thought I'd post it as an option. If you only had to do that once at the start of the day and once at the end, it wouldn't be too bad.

I tried this before and didn't like it as the fittings kept sticking at the end pole ends inside. This was both a nuisance and potentially destructive to the CF pole end.

But, you appear to have solved this issue by keeping the top section slightly extended, so the joint only goes past the pole end once. Good idea [emoji362]

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks good but must defeats the object of buying a lite carbon pole to work with I would have thought as that size hose is much heavier than standard pole hose surely?

It's odd Smurfy, in use you hardly notice the difference.....

......unless, you're old and need one hand to hold onto a crooked walking stick /emoticons/tongue.png :rofl:.

Looks good but must defeats the object of buying a lite carbon pole to work with I would have thought as that size hose is much heavier than standard pole hose surely?
You really cant tell. In fact when using it doesn't cross my mind, so, not noticable.

If you got around say, 12/14 foot of microbore full of water and 12 foot of pole hose full of water and weighed them both. The difference in weight would be hardly anything surely.

Or........... If it really bothered you, you could fit a length of pole hose to the reel hose and cover with tape or something, which is basically what they do with the exceed pole.

Back