Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac

Tench, you need 3000w. The same company do a 3000w one. I use it myself and it's grand.

cool well that was easy 3000w it is then oushhhhhh that will b on my after xmass list along with my gas heater:D just hope the misses dont find out how mch its guna cost:eek::rolleyes:

Did you get yours from the above link @Diwrnach? I did, pretty good prices IMO. What do you think to the tools supplied?
I did mate yeah, tools have been really good to be honest, I know I would miss them if I didn;t have them, have noticed a lot of other much more expensive vacs don't have the squashed ends etc to get into tight gutters, the sod hooks been really handy as well.

Must admit not tried the downpipe thingy yet though.

I have the 35 footer, its not that heavy really.

The only thing I did was wrap some insulation tape around the thin end of the pole joints to tighten them up a bit, found the clamps didn't make the pipe solid enough for me.

I have the 35 footer, its not that heavy really.
The only thing I did was wrap some insulation tape around the thin end of the pole joints to tighten them up a bit, found the clamps didn't make the pipe solid enough for me.
Yeah, I taped up the end of the pole as the hose would slip off too.

how heavey is it at 40ft m8 did u get yours frm the same place as the link??/emoticons/smile.png
Yes, I bought it from them.

Regarding the weight. When doing normal guttering, 1 or 2 storeys there is no problem. 3 storey houses does get heavier, and you can feel the strain in your shoulders afterwards. At the full 40ft / 7 poles, I won't do it alone. It is too much to control for 1 person safely. Obviously, 40ft is only used occasionally.

Unlike the other 2 people, I haven't had a problem with loose joints. In fact I keep the joints lubricated to make sure they go together and come apart, they fit so snugly.

Regarding the tools. The 3 different sized nozzle ends are great. I use all 3 a lot. I don't really use the other couple as they are for lifting problem sections of debris, and I normally go up a ladder and do those bits by hand.

Have you all got a camera set up for viewing as well?
I used to use one all the time, but found with experience I was able to tell what I was doing and pick up all the debris without one. Between technique, hearing and feeling what was going down the pole, and feeling what was in the gutter with the pole ends, I didn't need one most of the time. And I am often up a ladder so can check visually too.

They are excellent when you start using a vac, and punters are impressed seeing them too.

My camera is back out though as I am training up someone else at using a gutter vac now and it is a good tool to learn with.

Smurfs set-up of a camera that takes both video and good quality still shots is more appealing to me nowadays as I like the stills for the customers.

I have used my mini fpv quad taped to the end a few times, this takes stills and video, but as above you can tell by feel what's going on, it isn't really needed.

think ill get the 35ft one that seems long anouth i recken i saw a mirror that can b attached to the top of the pole has any one sin them or tryed them:)

Latest Posts

Back