Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobbers

New member (Help!)

Guest Jobbers

Hey guys, i just joined this website because me and my friend want to start a small window cleaning buisness and we could use some help in what we need to do first, so if anyone can help me it would be great if you sent me a message, much apprieciated.:)

Guest Ginge

Welcome Jobbers, firstly think about what type of window cleaning you want to do. Is it traditional with ladders or water fed pole system. Then start asking people you know in your area or the area you want to target if they have a window cleaner and what system that person uses. Find out if they are happy with the window cleaner and if they have a monopoly in the area. Undercutting window cleaners is not a good idea as you'll both end up losing out in the long run. You'll also need to think about how much money and time you can invest in the company and work out exactly what you can afford to buy. Other than it's just a question of hard graft and it can be very rewarding.

Best of luck to you.

nearlyclean

Good time of year to start,Speak to as many people as you can that your starting a window cleaning service,fill in all the free ad listings,get some leaflets printed and get out and canvass,Its a bit of a numbers game more doors you knock more chance of getting working,advertise one off cleans and end of tenant/lease cleans as you can pick up regular work in area when doing this work.

Gav

Yep deffo a good time to start. I started end of last summer going into winter and was really hard. Work has started coming in now best way is to get out there advertise as much as you can.

Guest JohnAtk

Hello, everyone! Sorry for writing here, but I didn't want to create another topic. I just want to introduce myself. My name is John Atkinson and I'm from London. I'm new in this forum, but I hope I would be able to share some useful experience with you and to learn something new. :) Glad I'm here! :)