Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing help1?!?!

Scottie

Hi Guys,

I have a price list I made and have stuck to, but wonder if it is correct at times, I hear people charge this people charge that and I think emmm, have I got it right.

I had a custy ring for a 2 bedroom house 5 windows and a patio door. I told them £10 first clean and then £7 there after, I dont no if I am being to generous or not, just questioning my pricing now, so wanted to check here for any tips? I feel thats fair and not under or over priced. I suppose I should go with what I feel and I have but jst wanted to ask as it is tricky finding a price not to put them off but not to low as to make them look elsewhere. I do have a windy here whom does £6 for 4 bedroom houses with like 10 -12 windows. he is making it hard here as I have seen him on FB and pricing to people, how do you compete with that? The only thing is he is **** at window cleaning, I am no guru and learning, but I am better than him as I care about the job, he does not, I have seen his work on many places. How do you compete with someone cutting prices down so much? But also I need to focus on my pricing and any advice form you would be great.

Thank you.

p.s. I did quote one house it was a 4 deroom with big windows, dirty and i priced it little higher than i would as it was a job and half and they went else where, i thought to myself oh well, im not selling my soul, was I right? tbh my price was good still, i see people on here charge more, its tuff getting it right, no one will get it perfect but some expierenced advice is needed thanks guys and girls.

Scottie

Just charge/quote what you want out of the job and take no notice of what other ppl charge. There is no right or wrong price but if you go down the route of selling on price alone to win work then you will struggle to make a living at this game.

Difficult really, as you need the work to get you up and running. On the other hand, how long will it take you to earn £7 on this house and also, have you considered your overheads while getting to and from the job etc. Saying that, if you had 2 or 3 of the neighbours too, then it would make it a nice little earner.

I think if you go in high, you'll struggle to pick up much work. When you've got a decent amount of work and people trust that you do a good job, then consider putting your prices up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I price accordingly for every job whether it's next door to an existing customers and the same house or not. I have a minimum price of £10 to weed out the poor work and small jobs that are a waste of time.

The windies that are charging **** poor prices don't last long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I will price how I feel, I dont think I can justify more than £7 for 5 windows on a small 2 bed house. Thanks guys so far for the info. I just do not like £6 for a 4 bed house that decent size, can not compete on it on FB, JUST SILLY SILLY PRICES! Oh well, I am not going low.

sounds okay that price scottie...but it does vary so much and a lot depends on where you live in the country...

i have started charging half again for a first clean .....and have now decided....its not enough ...i should have listened to uncle tolish now on its double for a first clean...did one this week took me ages....

i am also now trying to get around what i have more often as its bloomin hard work at the moment .....and more often will help me...

its always harder at the beginning as you need the work....but you do have to be careful...if you do it too cheap ...people are only to eager to let you continue that way....

only interested in work in my own little patch now....three miles there and three miles back....dont like to travel too much!

good luck scottie...its not so nice at the mo with that super powerful sun so low and showing every spot of dust...:eek:

Chap who does in our village £8 for four beds"......and I quote him......I've got work coming out my ears!!!yYes and you can keep em all"....cos you'll have no fuc51ng body left running around here like some ****".......busy fool

£8 is the lowest I go and that is for a flat or small bungalow, houses are £10 for a small house but more usually £12.

Let the idiot do them for next to nothing, then when you turn up at a job and they say they used to use him and he only charged £7 but stopped coming you can say that's why he stopped coming.

Many long established window cleaners seem quite happy to keep prices low to be kept busy as there a plenty about that do just that and haven't put their prices up for donkey years too.:rolleyes:

As a guide I'd usually charge

2 bed £6

3 bed £7

4 bed £8

Then £2- £3 extra for connys

But I do have loads of bug houses that I charge the price I want aswell.

I never charge extra for first cleans .

I actually charge £7 for a small house, its only got 2 windows at front and a door and three at back, with french door small. there all smallish windows, I can not charge more than that for that house really imo. £1 a window, i took it at that price as its near another house and I will eventually have lots work here, so pays off really,

I tyipically price a three bedroom at £10 now no less, maybe a small one at £8 but no lower. I do four beds for 10-12 depending on size. Bungalows £8 normal size and extra large ones £10. I think my prices are evenly priced, I dont think I could charge much more and tbh I think people will not book me, seems to many windys charging £6 and £8 tops, madness!

I lost the first clean price also, I think it may put people off and where I am new I need the work and practice and have time. I thought most peeps on here did but it appears a lot dont charge extra for first clean.

I got my prices sorted now and stick by them, like some people on here have given me advic, dont work for too little as you will end up working hard to get what you should for one house really.

I

I actually charge £7 for a small house, its only got 2 windows at front and a door and three at back, with french door small. there all smallish windows, I can not charge more than that for that house really imo. £1 a window, i took it at that price as its near another house and I will eventually have lots work here, so pays off really,
I tyipically price a three bedroom at £10 now no less, maybe a small one at £8 but no lower. I do four beds for 10-12 depending on size. Bungalows £8 normal size and extra large ones £10. I think my prices are evenly priced, I dont think I could charge much more and tbh I think people will not book me, seems to many windys charging £6 and £8 tops, madness!

I lost the first clean price also, I think it may put people off and where I am new I need the work and practice and have time. I thought most peeps on here did but it appears a lot dont charge extra for first clean.

I got my prices sorted now and stick by them, like some people on here have given me advic, dont work for too little as you will end up working hard to get what you should for one house really.
Id love to charge £10 down the board for 3 beds but folk here just won't pay that, my prices aren't cheap or expensive I'm easily average , but even at my prices I can clean £220 a day on my own /emoticons/smile.png

Wow that is some going that, **** me I would be knackered. Can not argue with that:) I do worry aout pricing each time I quote is it too high too low. The area, do you come down in price for council? etc, a lot to think about, I think anyhting from 8-10 for a three bed is fair enough. over £10 for a three bed is doing well if ya can get it. Mind you i have a £14 house its leaded front, and has 11 windows, I could not go any higer than £14. God leaded, I dont think I would fancy WFP that either....lol

**** me WFP must give a bloody neck ache I doen some today just a small pole and was like emmm, neck ache looking up all time, its tough work is WFP, fair play to the guys, I think I would end up with back issues. Do WFP charge less than trad in general, I dont know, interesting to find out, the jobs are prob done same standard, maybe the trad can do better on glass upstair windows as can see all the small paint marks you can not form 20ft down. Interested to know.

Wow that is some going that, **** me I would be knackered. Can not argue with that:) I do worry aout pricing each time I quote is it too high too low. The area, do you come down in price for council? etc, a lot to think about, I think anyhting from 8-10 for a three bed is fair enough. over £10 for a three bed is doing well if ya can get it. Mind you i have a £14 house its leaded front, and has 11 windows, I could not go any higer than £14. God leaded, I dont think I would fancy WFP that either....lol
**** me WFP must give a bloody neck ache I doen some today just a small pole and was like emmm, neck ache looking up all time, its tough work is WFP, fair play to the guys, I think I would end up with back issues. Do WFP charge less than trad in general, I dont know, interesting to find out, the jobs are prob done same standard, maybe the trad can do better on glass upstair windows as can see all the small paint marks you can not form 20ft down. Interested to know.
Not sure about less, I trad all my rounds until a year ago so my prices are still the same now I wfp, Been using wfp (for the man)since it first came into UK about 20 years ago, built up strong shoulders and the ability to seriously graft So honestly usually it don't tire me out affect me at all ! Suppose I'm lucky

Your pricing would be a lot better if you concentrated on the amount of glass they have, instead of how many bedrooms they've got. :thumbsup: Two different 3bed houses can take very different amounts of time to complete. Consider other things like access, window style, condition, tools needed etc. Things like this can make all the difference- miss one and it won't make a difference, but miss 2 0r 3 things and you could end up drastically underpricing the job. I still have most all of the work from when I started, and my prices are good(high)- this means that the customer is happy with the job they're getting, but more importantly, I'm happy to do the work.

Your pricing would be a lot better if you concentrated on the amount of glass they have, instead of how many bedrooms they've got. :thumbsup: Two different 3bed houses can take very different amounts of time to complete. Consider other things like access, window style, condition, tools needed etc. Things like this can make all the difference- miss one and it won't make a difference, but miss 2 0r 3 things and you could end up drastically underpricing the job. I still have most all of the work from when I started, and my prices are good(high)- this means that the customer is happy with the job they're getting, but more importantly, I'm happy to do the work.
Agree with this, I have actually just come back from flyering an estate that is pretty much all 4+ bedroom houses, apart from a couple that have a dorma in the roof I have quoted £10 for all of them, they all have few but big easy to clean windows, each is going to take no time at all, they are all nice white upvc frames etc, piece of cake all of them.

Agree with this, I have actually just come back from flyering an estate that is pretty much all 4+ bedroom houses, apart from a couple that have a dorma in the roof I have quoted £10 for all of them, they all have few but big easy to clean windows, each is going to take no time at all, they are all nice white upvc frames etc, piece of cake all of them.
Yep, thats a good point too. Sometimes your pricing can go down too based on all the factors above. If its quick and easy, then you can charge a reasonable price.

Yep, thats a good point too. Sometimes your pricing can go down too based on all the factors above. If its quick and easy, then you can charge a reasonable price.
Yeah I could knock 4 out in an hour taking my time.

I should hope soI can knock out 4 3beds out an hour trad if next to each other
Yeah which is why I said taking my time, and also if they are apart, but either way they will take minutes each.

Back