Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best standoff and stabiliser

Ebays your best bet for the stuff you're after. I got both of mine for about £100 delivered. Thelink you're showing is just a newer microlight with posher wheels. :thumbsup:

That is the same thing I use just with a different name now.
Hi smurf

It looks the same as the lyte microlite is it though they call it the ultimate and its about 50 notes cheaper than the microlite seems to be. Lopks the same to me though.

It's made by the same company that makes the microlite standoff but have just called it a different name.

Thanks @boarcity I've ordered the ultimate dtand off and ankalad got the pair delivered for less than £200. Think I'll need them as I've just mentioned on facebook that im now doing gutter clearing and cleaning and have several quotesvto give. Just need to get pricing right now! Im thinking £3 a metre for clearing and cleaning.

Nice one :thumbsup:

Charge what you feel the jobs is worth to start with as may take a while to get the pricing right as some jobs can take a lot longer than others to do but this will come with experience.

Also don't be affraid to turn work away if you feel that it is to difficult to do by ladders as is better to be safe than sorry as they say.

Thats when you may find the need to use a guttercam, guttervac and wfp method instead of trying to use ladders for some jobs you may get asked to quote for.

@Smurf Im using wpf to clean the gutters, but clearing using ladders and harris pole and pro gutter tools etc.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge I do take it in and you and othets on here have helped me progress faster and hopefully not learn the hard way.

They are ok but that type are very limited to where you can rest it properly and you may still not be in the ideal position to get to the gutters safely.

If I did not have the one I use so could use it on roof tiles I would not have been able to do many jobs including this one at all.

View attachment 3347

Unlike some crackpots that would say just rest the ladders on the guttering it will be just fine:confused:

Got my ankalad today any tips on installing it, apart from the directions they give you?

And my ultimate came yesterday and it is a quality piece of kit nothing like the flimsy quality of most standoffs.

If part of a gutter job is too dangerous to do, I find telling client the client it is too risky to do without scaffolding ".......and I'm sure you don't want to pay £2-300 for that unless it's causing real problemsand it is really necessary in which case if you get the scaffolding I'll pop back and do it for free.....I am sure you wouldnt want us doing anything dangerous....." client always agrees they dont want you doing anthing risky-bit heartless to disagree ;-) and always goes for the clean and gutter 'health check"( nicked from Smurf I think).Zero call backs for free clean with scaffolding not suprisingly.I also say we only clean them 85 -90% silt etc-you dont need to eat your dinner off the insides of your gutter which always gets agreement.When I grow a bigger pair I'm going to start reducing the% each time -see whether I can keep a straight face by saying we only clean about 5% of them -its not as if you are going to be performing open heart surgery in them ;-)

I've not had to use scaffolding yet or tried to put ppl off me doing them as I can do the most awkward domestic jobs when using the combination of methods & tools I use. That is propbaly why I tend to stick to doing mainly 2 storey work now as anything taller can be a right ball ache to do especially if something goes wrong.

If you don't own a guttervac then you should consider getting one I've found it a brilliant tool on many an awkward job when you don't want or can't use ladders safely.

The job I did today my ladders stayed on the van which made a nice change /emoticons/smile.png

I've not had to use scaffolding yet or tried to put ppl off me doing them as I can do the most awkward domestic jobs when using the combination of methods & tools I use. That is propbaly why I tend to stick to doing mainly 2 storey work now as anything taller can be a right ball ache to do especially if something goes wrong.
If you don't own a guttervac then you should consider getting one I've found it a brilliant tool on many an awkward job when you don't want or can't use ladders safely.
Use gutter vac for probably 90% of my gutter clearing, its only the odd stuck sod or downpipe that gets me up a ladder, and often that is more down to it being faster to hop up the ladder quick than messing about inching whatever it is out with the vac.

Can't imagine the jobs I would of been unable to do if I didn't have it, did one last week where the gap between the side of the house and the fence was just a touch wider than my shoulders, even if you got permission from the next door neighbour a ladder would have still been to upright to use, with a gutter vac? no problem!

The only downside to the gutter vac is sometimes it can make the job look really quick and easy......

Which it can be sometimes so I just drag it out a bit...Other times it can be ball breaking work.

Use gutter vac for probably 90% of my gutter clearing, its only the odd stuck sod or downpipe that gets me up a ladder, and often that is more down to it being faster to hop up the ladder quick than messing about inching whatever it is out with the vac.
Can't imagine the jobs I would of been unable to do if I didn't have it, did one last week where the gap between the side of the house and the fence was just a touch wider than my shoulders, even if you got permission from the next door neighbour a ladder would have still been to upright to use, with a gutter vac? no problem!

The only downside to the gutter vac is sometimes it can make the job look really quick and easy......

Latest Posts

Back