Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie looking for a new system recommendation

Oneil32

Hi

Please can someone recommend me a water fed system installer!

I'm completely new & any help would be appreciated.

I live in Bristol

Am needing a two man system

And will be filling straight from an outside tap.

I need gardener poles also? Any good suppliers?

Is heated water system a good option

Please help

Thank you /emoticons/smile.png

Are you any good at diy?

Good posts on here how to diy one for cheap

Just as good as shop bought

Yep, its really easy to do. Just connect your osmosis to your DI, then to your water container, and pump to your outlet meter. Fit this to your TDS reading, and then add a grommet to your vessel. Install a switch, but remember to bypass the module, and allow space to fit your pole to the variflow, which allows you to adjust the pressure of the...what we call in the trade; 'squirt'. Be sure to use lots of resin in your pump, and keep an eye on your shurflo readings so as not to damage your booster barb connection.

...once you have done all of this^, you'll end up with a bag of **** that doesn't work, so best listen to someone else that knows what theyre talking about. Someone should be along shortly.:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum @Oneil32. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm ok at diy around the house but the technical lingo regarding the system leaves me feeling a little lost to say the least!

So I would probably prefer to have one installed for me! I guess it will seem all very simple once I'm familiar with it but right now = not lol

Just wondered if anyone could recommend me a company or any type system for a total combined price!

Thanks for the replies guys

Where bouts are you based? There might be someone on here that could install it for you for a good price as i think the companies charge a fortune.

He's in Bristol TAP :rolleyes:. There's an Ionics in Swindon I you want to part with a second mortgage :confused:. Build one yourself, it really is easy :thumbsup:

www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk are the best supplier for Gardiner Poles :rolleyes:

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Crash-Test-Van-Systems-GRIPPAMAX_AUGUST.html

@Alex Gardiner I have a customer for you if you would like to chip in with your advice

Make water:

Water tap

TDS Meter

RO system - (buy off the shelf from Pure Freedom or whoever)

DI Vessel filled with Resin - (buy off the shelf from Pure Freedom or whoever)

Static Water Tank - 1000 Litres

Transfer Pump - to pump the water into your van

Hose pipe, clips, etc

VAN

Baffled Tank - 500 to 650 Litres

a couple of big fat straps to hold the tank from moving (at least 3 ton, stronger the better)

Shurflo pump with strainer

pump controller

Leisure Battery 110 amp hour

Hose Reel with Minibore hose (and an angled hoselock fitting on the inlet side)

Gardiner Pole and brush.

You will obviously need fittings, wires, bits and bobs, but this is the basics.

Either do it your self for next to nothing plus your time OR get a company to do it for very much and all your cash.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Look for jimmyboots thread diy van mount

Tells you where to buy most stuff and how to do it

Thanks guys

I have to purify in the van as I don't have space for a static tank! But as much as I'd love to save some money I don't feel competent to build a system and it would prob be more stress!

If anyone you know wants a job fitting a system please let me know /emoticons/wink.png

I would go through gardiners for wfp's and you can even buy a fitted van system by grippa tank through them too if you wanted.

@Alex Gardiner I have a customer for you if you would like to chip in with your advice

Here is the link if you want to know more...http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Crash-Test-Van-Systems-GRIPPAMAX_AUGUST.html

Well I can only speak from my own experience, but I too didn't want to faff with DIY or whatever. I just wanted a nice, professional system, ready made and working so I could go out and do the work.

I looked around for a long time, comparing prices etc and eventually I decided on Pure2o. They are (from what I can gather) Ionic's "value" range. This suited me perfectly, as I knew of Ionics though their main systems were out of my price range.

I got a 400 litre Pure2o RO-DI system (for hard water - you'll need RO and DI as well living in Bristol). It cost approx £2700 including vat and fitting. That was a couple of years ago, so the prices may have changed a bit since then. I also paid a bit extra, £350 I think it was, to get the van floor speedliner, which has proved to be well worth it.

Made at ionics factory and fitted by them in a day.

I am really happy with this system, and would highly recommend. Ionics quality, fully crash-tested (which may or may not be a big deal for you, but for me was the icing on the cake) but at a good price. I think they even do a price match promise, but you'd have to ask them about that.

On a side note about the speedliner, you don't necessarily have to get the speedliner (or whatever its called now) done by them, you could have it done almost anywhere, there are speedliner dealers dotted around the UK. I looked at that, but at the time it worked out no cheaper then getting ionics to do it, and saved the hassle of going to 2 seperate places. That was then, but looking now its worth getting some prices from local places too. You could save a hundred quid or so depending, though you would have the hassle of going to 2 seperate places and losing your van for 2 days instead of just 1.

Have to agree 100% with Peter Thomson If you can afford it get a system fitted by a proper company that has had there system crash tested. There must be hundreds of window cleaners driving around with there do it your self fitted systems Not realising there insurance is not worth the paper its written on despite what there broker told them. If they can refuse to pay out because you have different wheels, what chance when you tell them I fitted a tank of 650lits of water in the back of me van using a couple of ratchet straps and a couple of bolts.

Have to agree 100% with Peter Thomson If you can afford it get a system fitted by a proper company that has had there system crash tested. There must be hundreds of window cleaners driving around with there do it your self fitted systems Not realising there insurance is not worth the paper its written on despite what there broker told them. If they can refuse to pay out because you have different wheels, what chance when you tell them I fitted a tank of 650lits of water in the back of me van using a couple of ratchet straps and a couple of bolts.
Sounds a solid system to me /emoticons/smile.png

I don't see how it concerns an insurance company..i am insured as a window cleaner..if i put a tank in the van and secure it imo i am driving round with a secured load not a modification as haven't altered the vehicle at all and am not over the payload..they have a cheek to quote more for that

If you had barrels of water in the back or was delivering oil etc they wouldn't have to know about that

As far as im aware if its not permanently fixed to the chassis, i.e bolted down/frame etc it is not a modification, its simply a load that you have secured down (assuming ratchet straps).

Mines just insured for carriage of own goods, because that what im doing.

That's the main problem most people don't know or don't want to know that fitting a tank full of water the size needed to last a day window cleaning into a van is probably one of the biggest changes you could do to a van to the way the van stops handles as well as safety for the driver or passenger if a bulkhead is not fitted I would say that a fair few window cleaners are driving round with no insurance if they were involved in a major accident . I would advise any body either renewing a policy or taking out van insurance With any type of water tank fitted to get it in writing that they are covered don't take the world of the sales man or broker. I do work for a major insurance company and water tanks fitted to window cleaner vans with out the insurance company knowing is the biggest cause of insurance being withdrawn,

Back