Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp trolley diy tutorial

P

Pickingpaul

So to start off you need to gather together all the items youwill need and any tools required. Here is a list of the items including the filteration items as its all part of the working system and needs to be takeninto account before starting.

Trolley=£70ish

Pole and brush =£99.

Flteration using DI vessel and x5 25L containers £100

Battery charger £15

So all in all £285 to get everything u need. You can spend a lot more if u chose. But around £300 is doable.

Step 1. Get all this stuff

1. Trolley (ive used an ikea one here because of the small size and cheap factor £9.99 but a sack truck with pnumetic wheels can cost as low as £45-55)

View attachment 3361

2. Battery. Im using a 9ah 12v battery and cost £15 off ebay

View attachment 3362

3. Pump, mine cost around £20

View attachment 3363

4. Switch £2-3 ebay

View attachment 3364

5. Bolts £3-4 ebay/any hardware store, b&q wikes etc.

View attachment 3365

6.wire for attaching the battery to pump and switch.

7. Circuit breaker. £1-2

View attachment 3366

8. Junction box/boxes. I used two from b&q and cost £7.50 each

View attachment 3367

9. Luggage strap £1

10. Connectors, i brought a bag for 50p. Connecting the wires tomthe switch circuit breaker and battery. U will likely need spares.

11. 6mm or 8mm hose, i used 8mm and broughtit fromgardiner along with my pole and brush.

12 jubilee clips, small,ones for going around the hose on the pump.

13. A window cleaningpole and brush, i have a £99 clx 18 from gardiner which comeswith hose brush angle adaptor and fixtures.

14. 25LWater containers, £3-7 depends where u buy them, i got mine used for £3 each andi have x8

15 DI vessel with hose connectors and resin. This is if your TDS (total desolved solids) is less than 100, if its more than 100 you will need a RO system. I got my di vessel off ebay for £35 and unger resin was around £50.

16. Battery charger. £15 ebay

Tools required

Drill, 13mm metal drill bit

Pliars

Screwdrivers

Small files

Step 2 remove all the screw cornes from only one junction box, this is so the battery will fit, if u are lucky then maybe the battery will already fit or u use a bigger box and fit everything in.

View attachment 3368

View attachment 3369 Use some polythene to pack the sides of the box and also on the lid so the battery cant move around. If you are using the same junction boxes I have here then u will only be able to fit a bolt in the top right corner to hold the box to the trolley

The screw holes at the topof the box lids will need to be drilled out and enlarged a bitin order for the bolts to fit through

Last edited:
Step 3 fix switch to the pump box, i added on the far right as the pump will bein the middle and also the wires will be going right into the battery box. Mark out the size first

View attachment 3370

Step 4 drill four holes as pictured and thread zipstraps through and tighten to fix the two boxes together as shown. Drill two small holes at the top where the boxes are joined, these will be to thread wires through later.View attachment 3374

Step 6 check the boxes fit on, note, the first bolt cant fit with the battery inside unfortunately but the three is quite strong which is whyits important to attach the boxes together with zip straps

View attachment 3378

Last edited:
Step 7 cut holes for the hose in the pump box, push the hose through add a jubilee clip then push onto the pump and tighten with the jubilee clips. You will need to put the end of the hose in boiling hot water for around a minute in order to soften it so it can squeeze onto the pump.

View attachment 3379

Attach the black wire from the pump to the bottom connecting on the switch, then attach a wire from the central connection on the switch to the breaker, then a wire from the breaker through the small hole in the boxes, this will later be attached to the black connection on the batter. Thread the red wire from the pump through the other holeinto the battery box, this will be attached to the red connection on the battery

Step 8 fit it onto the trolley using the bolts and tighten the nuts

View attachment 3381

Attach the hose with zipstraps to the trolley frame, in the inlet will go into the water container, cut to the right size. And the outlet hose will be attached to your pole hose, use as much or as little hose length you like, remember the more u use the heavier it will become and weight is a big factor with this trolley so i have given myself around 5m.

View attachment 3383

Note. This trolley is back heavy without the water container and may easily fall over if left alone, it should be laid down on the floor to take the battery out.

Good of you to take the time to put the post together pp nice one. Where did you get barrels for £3 I'm going to be after more soon.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

That is some great work. I like that you've got the pump and the battery in separate boxes, never seen that before but it makes so much sense.

Good of you to take the time to put the post together pp nice one. Where did you get barrels for £3 I'm going to be after more soon.Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk
Cheers, i found them on ebay, the bloke has loads for sale in a garage in central birmingham, pick up only. Look on ebay and chose the "arrange by location closest first" and see if u get lucky. But i think ive seen them on some window cleaning sites about £6

That is some great work. I like that you've got the pump and the battery in separate boxes, never seen that before but it makes so much sense.
Cheers, no water getting on that battery, it was fine yesterday by the way, due to having to change the water container every hourish, as i only do upstairs, i park outside the first house and place the trolley in a spot where i wont move it for two fronts, so four window units. So when i go to move it its already shed a few litres.

Awesome stuff, only thing I would change is to add a pot to control the flow rate, good job man.
Yeah ive considered it and might get one put on, i had one on my old trolley but never changed it, i quite like the speed as it is and because i have an aqua adapter on my pole im constantly turning it on andoff inbetween windows.

Theres this guy on facebook who was selling a flow control for £10, apparently he has sent some to wagga who is testing it out, i might get that one, or is there one u would recommendi got? I wanted absolute minimal on here due to weight and tidyness but i think i can afford to put a flow rate control on it /emoticons/smile.png

Back