Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fairy

Rude customers

Shiny
Welcome.....

Customers can be so rude sometimes.

I think if someone has been kind enough to give you a job, then you are very lucky. I employ someone and I would be p!ssed off if he started up on his own in my area. Actually I think I may put a contract in place stating he cant within a 4 mile radius of my area...

A contract would be worthless...if a employee is determined enough to go it alone then all they need to do is start their new business under another name....wife, partner, brother, sister ect..ect ..ect

Fairy
A contract would be worthless...if a employee is determined enough to go it alone then all they need to do is start their new business under another name....wife, partner, brother, sister ect..ect ..ect

You're giving me good ideas to avoid my contract :D

shazzy692002

You say that, but when I was into hairdressing one lady had a contract not to work within a 2 mile radius if she left and she left and worked near by and she lost when it went to court.....That was about 15 years ago tho.

Pickingpaul
Welcome.....

Customers can be so rude sometimes.

I think if someone has been kind enough to give you a job, then you are very lucky. I employ someone and I would be p!ssed off if he started up on his own in my area. Actually I think I may put a contract in place stating he cant within a 4 mile radius of my area...

U might be pissed off but u dont own your workers or cust do u work a four mile radius? Thats a big area.

I'm saving this up, thanks a lot. All makes perfectly sense aswell. Cheers mate! Where abouts are you based?

North birmingham, you? Theres a lot more i can say but i dont want to just drivel on too much, but....

One important thing to know when/if you start a round you will lose some customers you initially get, not nesersarily due to anything u have done, just u will get time wasters and people who dont really want a window cleaner all year long, they just want them cleaned once, but this is still usful to u as its practice (not that need it) especially on first time cleans.

shazzy692002
U might be pissed off but u dont own your workers or cust do u work a four mile radius? Thats a big area.

Yeah your write I dont own my workers or customers, but a bit of respect from my workers is expected!!! After all I am paying them to have a better life, than what they may have had. Which I am thankful for, that I have enough customers to employ others!!!!! I don't think a 4 mile radius is big!!!! But that's my opinion!!

Pickingpaul
Yeah your write I dont own my workers or customers, but a bit of respect from my workers is expected!!! After all I am paying them to have a better life, than what they may have had. Which I am thankful for, that I have enough customers to employ others!!!!! I don't think a 4 mile radius is big!!!! But that's my opinion!!

:eek:

Anthony @ SCS

Welcome to the forum Fairy

My boss hates me doing private I.T work, reckons it's a conflict of interest. Maybe if he knew how to write a contract i'd be a little more bothered.

Fairy
Welcome to the forum Fairy

My boss hates me doing private I.T work, reckons it's a conflict of interest. Maybe if he knew how to write a contract i'd be a little more bothered.

Haha exactly mate, I haven't even got a contract even though I've been working there for a year already, is that even legal? Anyway, no one has a contract that's working for the company. Guess the company doesn't like holiday pay and sick pay etc. :P

Guest SolarPanelCleaning

Bon giornski. Remember, 'no means no'!!

Go solo amigo.

Fairy

:/

Posh

At 8am a mum can be

A, having a shower

B, trying to get the kids ready for school

C, eating there breakies

D, trying to get ready herself/himself.

E, running late.

Last thing I would want is a head popping up at every window.

But saying that there's no need to be rude.

Fairy
At 8am a mum can be

A, having a shower

C, eating there breakies

E, running late.

Yeh indeed, such an awkward time. But how the company I'm working for works is.. They give you a working sheet with 20/25 jobs for the day. When you've finished them all, you can go home. Not saying I'm rushing, but I don't have enough time to wait for the mothers! :D

Pickingpaul
At 8am a mum can be

A, having a shower

C, eating there breakies

E, running late.

Spot on, but u missed out having a sh@t.

Its bad that fairy is forced to start so early, what time do u usually work until Fairy?

Posh

As said try & arrange it with them. I know the ones on my round who I could go to early. I try change it around so I don't do the same early one each time.

Fairy
Spot on, but u missed out having a sh@t.

Its bad that fairy is forced to start so early, what time do u usually work until Fairy?

I work till 4 usually. To be honest if I had my own company I would probably start around 9ish. I wouldn't like getting woken up by a window cleaner. Love my rest way too much :D

Fairy
As said try & arrange it with them. I know the ones on my round who I could go to early. I try change it around so I don't do the same early one each time.

It's not up to me really mate, my boss is too lazy for that. Since he's been getting big contracts like Center Parcs he's been treating his domestic customers like sh@t. But he will regret that in the future I recon!

Anthony @ SCS

There is the bit tho that says that a contract does not have to be written.

My boss is too thick to even google that lol

Fairy
Bon giornski. Remember, 'no means no'!!

Go solo amigo.

Hola amigo, wise words. One day I will be free!

Tuffers
You say that, but when I was into hairdressing one lady had a contract not to work within a 2 mile radius if she left and she left and worked near by and she lost when it went to court.....That was about 15 years ago tho.

It's quite common in hairdressing to have contracts staying away from the area of the last job.

Shiny
It's quite common in hairdressing to have contracts staying away from the area of the last job.

Is that to go from working for somebody and then going self employed..? or leaving a employer to go and be employed by someone else hairdressing...?

Tuffers

My Mrs goes on about it a bit and I remember a bird telling me about it who used to cut my hair. They rent out chairs these days to save employing I suppose, but still make money off the hairdresser via the rent.

Anthony @ SCS

yea, the wife of a fella i know pays £80 rent to a hairdresser to rent out a little space for nails and other beautician tosh

cheapncheerful

hi and welcome fairy...yeh somehow think you wont catch me out at 8am...that's my first cup of kick ass wake me up get me moving coffee...

I have only worked for daddy....and I wasn't keen on that....he had a habit of dropping me off and disappearing for ages....and sometimes it rained....and sometimes it was just too cold...soon I was married....goodbye daddy for work...and off I went..

you can start early if your canny and find out the houses where people leave for work early , my wife starts work at 6am and we are in the middle of nowhere but of late its surprising how much traffic is on the roads...

I started at 10.40pm this morning stop making me feel guilty...actually...I had to cover for a delivery so that was a good excuse...usually just turned 10 ish ish ish...:D

any way good luck with your future and keep us informed....working for somebody else does have some advantages....you don't really have to think much just turn up and go....don't have to worry too much ....just get the list and get stuck in...

but....you will I am sure one day fly free.....

one of the biggest drawbacks for working for yourself is when you get tired and just want to go home....I had mine on Monday...if I left at 2.50 it meant I would miss the school traffic...and I took some convincing to keep going....especially ...as I had no headphones and so no music...

but I was quite proud to push and finish in the dark......you do need strong will power at times..

as for the being rude....it happens....sometimes if your in the middle of a row and someone knocks on the door....its just bad timing...

doesn't effect me much as most people on here know....I don't like peoples....and avoid at all costs...

I do remember one woman inviting me in at that time.....oh come in she said...help yourself to water....and then she went upstairs to carry on a row about making the bed with her husband....of course he didn't know where to look when he found me at the bottom of the stairs...

and as posted last week...I had a dodgy moment with a female custy....but later on...all better...

better go now as tuffers is getting tired....good luck again..:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.