Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weather...

rjacandwc

Don't know about you folks... weather has been very moody in Suffolk... Got out early part of last week. Rained midweek onwards. Rain again today. looks better for tomorrow. But, Thursday is looking bad.... Got a carpet cleaning job which will help. But, I really find Dec, Jan and Feb a struggle... Especially when it is so damp. I'd rather it be cold like last year at least you can get more done. Keeping my chin up!... Just lol

Jesus where were you last winter. It ****** down the whole winter.Ask someone from Somerset
Floods all over eh

Weathers been all right in brum, i treat a rainy day as a daymoff to rest and or do things i needto get done

I was a defo good year for someone selling sandbags, flood bariers, boats and petrol flood pumps that's for sure /emoticons/biggrin.png

Jesus where were you last winter. It ****** down the whole winter.Ask someone from Somerset

i cant remember last week let alone last winter....but hearing it may be colder I hesitated....should I put on the thermals...I am getting on a bit and do now have two pairs of trousers and thought the thermals would be too much....but nope it was cold here today. Even the wife said so...

I popped my head out the door today and thought bugger that and went back indoors. With the wind blowing it brought the seems like temp down too to ******* cold /emoticons/biggrin.png

Suffolk was fairly flood free compared to the rest of the country last year. And it was flash flooding also. Not rain like the rain we have had this week where it just lingers all day. Only a few coastal areas got flooded. But. I am near Bury St. Eds. There was nowhere near the flooding around this way in comparison to the flooding I see on T.V for parts of the Wales, The West, West Country etc... I guess I have had it to easy!!!... I always where thermals and keep my back warm...

its a state of mind. i tell you why i say that . yesterday was a grey morning but not actually raining . i pull up at a job, almost outside the house was a windies car , silver Audi estate ladders atop i pull up right behind it and further back down the street another windies car, rover 75 ladders atop. this was about 10 a.m. and seems theyd decided the weather was bad lets not bother

as i say,grey day , but no rain, no ice ,

no balls!

today its raining, now wheres that Audi and Rover? betcha not out working

Last edited:
Hi! Shazzy... Keep up the good work... I was doing ok this morning got 8 houses cleaned and then at 12.55 it started again. I kept going for a while. But. when the drizzle starts to soak the windows I through in the towel. I normally find that the wind does this. If it is drizzle and not too windy, then I get away with it and carry on or normally I'd go for a few bungalows instead. But. I have earned enough for today... So, all good. I just get a little stressed when you get a few days of rain. Which has only ever happened to me on very few occasions. A couple of days I can live with. Can get my quota done!. But, when I lose quite a few days I still get abit frustrated even after nearly 5 years of Window Cleaning. Just being honest!!! :).

Hi! Shazzy... Keep up the good work... I was doing ok this morning got 8 houses cleaned and then at 12.55 it started again. I kept going for a while. But. when the drizzle starts to soak the windows I through in the towel. I normally find that the wind does this. If it is drizzle and not too windy, then I get away with it and carry on or normally I'd go for a few bungalows instead. But. I have earned enough for today... So, all good. I just get a little stressed when you get a few days of rain. Which has only ever happened to me on very few occasions. A couple of days I can live with. Can get my quota done!. But, when I lose quite a few days I still get abit frustrated even after nearly 5 years of Window Cleaning. Just being honest!!! /emoticons/smile.png.
Rained here from about 10am till now lol. I did not earn much at all.....but did spend a lot of time on mobile phone, then came home....Bad week for me.

Bad week for me too... worse this year!. I even raked in more in February doing a builders clean for Care UK.... I hope to salvage something out of it Thrs and Fri and early sign's show Saturday as being a nice day...

Just minus temperatures here so far this week. The water was freezing on the sills first thing this morning. I did question WTF was I doing working in the cold. Get the first hour out the way and off you go for the rest of the day :thumbsup:

yep was 0 degrees when I started at cough cough ten ish ish....well it was before ten.thirty ...i do try but i am old....:Dstill out earlier tomorrow...maybe...

Looking out the window and thinking to myself... It's dark. Thick blanket of cloud. But, no rain forecast. So, off I go.. lol

it is hard some days to go out when its all dark and grey....I actually did skive off early today.....well it started badly....I was out of the door on time but.....the bloomin neighbour came out the same time and....that was it....I am too soft to say bugger off I want to go to work.....and anyway....its Thursday and that's next to Friday..and that's almost the weekend.....:rolleyes:

I got a couple of houses done today and a Full Gutter, Fascia and Soffitt clean which I was doing in the drizzle. Went home about 1pm... But. Looking through my Accounts I am a week in front of where I was on me rota this time last year. Mind you I never had a holiday this year... and my customer base has grown. So, I guess the business is growing. I have defo gained a good load of experience this year. I have made a Trolley System in my spare time and I have invested in a Carpet Cleaning machine. So, I am building it up. I market myself as a Traditional Window Cleaner. But, I will have a go at most handy jobs. My of my customers are always getting me to do stuff for them. That's one good thing about living in a small market town all me life. People know and trust me. Hope all goes great for you and the rest of Windy's on her for Xmas and 2015... and remember... Windows don't clean themselves lol

and yep I do plenty of other stuff too.....I came back early on Tuesday to cover for a delivery really annoyed me but what can you do....?anyway his lordship whom I work for over the road commanded me to get him an xmas tree six foot high and put it in the middle of his front lawn....he was going to put on the lights...don't strain yourself my lord...

its not easy to put an eight foot xmas tree in the centre of the lawn. with just its trunk to hold it upright....anyway....its all looking good but guess who will panic when the wind arrives next week.:eek:...ahh well....I don't care I have my money.........:Dand I kept some of the lower branches to make me a little tree....happy xmas when we finally get there....will I make it...?????

I got a couple of houses done today and a Full Gutter, Fascia and Soffitt clean which I was doing in the drizzle. Went home about 1pm... But. Looking through my Accounts I am a week in front of where I was on me rota this time last year. Mind you I never had a holiday this year... and my customer base has grown. So, I guess the business is growing. I have defo gained a good load of experience this year. I have made a Trolley System in my spare time and I have invested in a Carpet Cleaning machine. So, I am building it up. I market myself as a Traditional Window Cleaner. But, I will have a go at most handy jobs. My of my customers are always getting me to do stuff for them. That's one good thing about living in a small market town all me life. People know and trust me. Hope all goes great for you and the rest of Windy's on her for Xmas and 2015... and remember... Windows don't clean themselves lol
Do you see a lad working in Bury ,comes from ipswich calls himself cleancare?

Latest Posts

Back