Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Low e windows

Wynand

Howzit

I know I new on the site but need some help. Been in the window cleaning a long time but a new rule came in to work in South Africa that says all new houses that is been build must be build with the LOW E windows. Now my question how do you clean the windows without scratching the film on the inside and how do one get the building dirt example ("Plaster & Paint") off the film without blading it. Please Help

Wynand

South Africa

Is that the film that feels, almost sticky? Like its got a film of rubber on it? I have heard it called E10 by some of the Australian guys.

If so, we don't get much of that coating here in the UK. Other companies like Pilkington make a energy saving glass here but the coating is different and easier to clean. You still need to use care, but it doesn't drag on your tools.

Is that the film that feels, almost sticky? Like its got a film of rubber on it? I have heard it called E10 by some of the Australian guys.
If so, we don't get much of that coating here in the UK. Other companies like Pilkington make a energy saving glass here but the coating is different and easier to clean. You still need to use care, but it doesn't drag on your tools.
Hi Paul

It's more off a smooth thin film but very easy to scratch. Definitely not a window tint. Can one use Chemicals on the inside or rather stick with only Pure water?

Because I am not sure exactly what it is, I can't answer that. Maybe someone else here knows it. Or, if you know who makes it, you could ask the manufacturer.

Welcome along Wynand, Nice part of the world you live :cool:.

back in the early 80's I spent a couple of years (on and off) living in Umhlanga....fantastic coastline all the way down to Cape town :thumbsup:.

One of the very very big posh gafs I used to do had this glass in there offices , we used to spray pure then rub with internal cleaning pads , over time scratches were all over it and it looked awful in the sun ,, stick to outside m8

Back