Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bus lane fine

Smurf

Anyone been fined for using a bus lane?

Reason why I asked I never use them but last week I took a gamble and got in one early before it ran out to turn left at a mini roundabout. Today I opened my mail and had 3 pics of my van included with a fixed penalty notice of £60. Oops! that will teach me to be a naughty boy:D

What does peeve me though the local council shut down a park & ride years ago further up the road because they could not afford to keep it going. May I add no other bus lanes are in and around that area apart from that stretch of road. So that short bit of bus lane is no longer required but they sure as hell kept the camera working as generates them loads of dosh.:rolleyes:

I was caught driving through Reading a few years ago. I'm normally really careful but I didn't know the area and by the time I drove down the road, THEN there was a sign saying bus lane. Thanks! £60 was reduced to £30 because I paid within 2 weeks... /emoticons/sad.png

Shame on you both...no excuse for using bus lanes or not knowing where they are /emoticons/tongue.png:p........

BUS LANES ARE THE LANES WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF TRAFFIC :rofl: :rofl:.

Funny you should say that as when the pics were taken the camera points up the road for quite a distance and guess what...NO BUSES either were in the bus lane only me :laugh:

I might say which is true I was looking for a houes number along that road and did not want to cause traffic behind me to build up as was busy because of the fecking bus lane that wasn't being used. Mind you I did undertake one or two cars as they started to que up towards the mini roundabout as you do /emoticons/biggrin.png

You got to laugh as when I eventualy found the house do a quote which was at the back of that main road they said "HOW MUCH" and I did not win that job FFS :rolleyes:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Never had a problem with bus lanes as I've always rode a motorbike but now I have to get a car licence I'll need to get out of that habit lol

You got to laugh
OK mate......

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: /emoticons/biggrin.png :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: /emoticons/tongue.png :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :hehehe: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: /emoticons/wink.png.

To top it off once I looked what had to be done I did not want the job anway as would have been a pig to do so I put in a silly high quote to get shot as you do./emoticons/biggrin.png

worth getting a satnav ,itll warn you if you do the same again. my satnav is permanently switched on and has saved me no end of time [from speeding mostly] , my satnav barks a warning

Theres an irony here... the only person on the forum thats gota free bus pass, is the one that gets a fine for driving in it. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I hate cyclists :mad:
You'd hate cambridge then, fkin full of them. I very nearly wiped one out today, I was half way through stuffing a handful of gummybears in my mouth at the time, but thats beside the point.

You'd hate cambridge then, fkin full of them. I very nearly wiped one out today, I was half way through stuffing a handful of gummybears in my mouth at the time, but thats beside the point.
It's those ******* who ride two abreast and about twenty long that slow the traffic up that twist my melon. Grrrrrrr

It's those ******* who ride two abreast and about twenty long that slow the traffic up that twist my melon. Grrrrrrr
I know exactly who you mean. Middle aged blokes that have had desk jobs all their lives, suddenly feel it's acceptable to squeeze themselves into overpriced lycra, sitting on bikes that are worth more then my van.

I know exactly who you mean. Middle aged blokes that have had desk jobs all their lives, suddenly feel it's acceptable to squeeze themselves into overpriced lycra, sitting on bikes that are worth more then my van.
And they all wear 'cool' shades when they ride :laugh: twonkers. Cyclists have started using their lights in the daylight round here I've noticed. Ooh, look at me with my flashing lights and shades /emoticons/biggrin.png fannys, the lot of em!

And they all wear 'cool' shades when they ride :laugh: twonkers. Cyclists have started using their lights in the daylight round here I've noticed. Ooh, look at me with my flashing lights and shades /emoticons/biggrin.png fannys, the lot of em!
Don't get me started on the lights they have. Twunts are riding around with super high powered cree lights that are more powerful then most peoples headlight, only they're not considerate enough to tilt them to the ground a bit. Last week I treated one of them to my full beams the whole way down the road as a little hint. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was just wondering how long smurfy has to work to pay the fine?

tell them you were too ****** and didn't see the sign...the trouble is they have you by the short and curlies cause if you pay up straight away it saves you money and theres no hassle...

in Liverpool they are shutting them down...about time....as for cyclists...:swear:

The majority of bus lanes in Liverpool are to be scrapped after a year-long trial without them..... Thank God its a nightmare cleaning in the city centre.:thumbsdown: two days a week for me :zzz:

An independent review which recommended the retention of only four of the city's 26 bus lanes has been backed by Liverpool City council's cabinet. /emoticons/smile.png

I hate cyclists when they ride on the path in the dark with no lights......one came close to swallowing his teeth along with my fist whilst just out walking the dogs.

Apparently we were in his way

Latest Posts

Back