Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best resin

Matty H

So I'm producing water at around 5 - 6ppm after RO & have just moved across to a 21" refillable DI cartridge that fits a champ housing (it fits into my system better than existing set up)

As I use so little resin I was buying pre-filled cartridges so unsure as to what resin was in it!!! This new option saves me money so why not! What resin do you lot think I should get to fill the cartridge please? And do I have to compact it into the cartridge? Cheers lads /emoticons/wink.png

Me too, Tulsion MB 115 :thumbsup:

Have also tried Cedelite and Unger premium but they cost more :thumbsdown:

Tulsion here. Anyone tried Purolite?
I have Tuftster but it was some time ago. In fact I started with Purolite over ten years ago (MB400 I think it is) if it's the same now as it was back then..... it's not too good. I changed from that to Dowex MB50 which blew it out of the weeds. The problem with Purolite (apart from it not lasting as long) was it's tendency to go off like a rocket as soon as the TDS started to rise- not good in a twin DI system. Dowex lasted longer & held a lower TDS for far longer once it started to go off. Then I tried Tulsion MB115 & found it to be slightly better then Dowex. I stuck with Tulsion for years but over the last 18/24 months I've had some very dodgy bags of Tulsion. Earlier this year I tried various different resins again, Unger, Indion & another one I can't remember off hand. All were not up to much to be honest & so I went back to Tulsion MB115 in the hope it had "stabilized in the mean time. The last couple of bags have been ok to be honest but even the dodgy ones were no worse than the competition anyway.

I have Tuftster but it was some time ago. In fact I started with Purolite over ten years ago (MB400 I think it is) if it's the same now as it was back then..... it's not too good. I changed from that to Dowex MB50 which blew it out of the weeds. The problem with Purolite (apart from it not lasting as long) was it's tendency to go off like a rocket as soon as the TDS started to rise- not good in a twin DI system. Dowex lasted longer & held a lower TDS for far longer once it started to go off. Then I tried Tulsion MB115 & found it to be slightly better then Dowex. I stuck with Tulsion for years but over the last 18/24 months I've had some very dodgy bags of Tulsion. Earlier this year I tried various different resins again, Unger, Indion & another one I can't remember off hand. All were not up to much to be honest & so I went back to Tulsion MB115 in the hope it had "stabilized in the mean time. The last couple of bags have been ok to be honest but even the dodgy ones were no worse than the competition anyway.
Bloody hell you use some resin fella :eek:

Bloody hell you use some resin fella :eek:
I don't use an RO. My tap TDS is 80-90ppm so I just run through two 11ltr DI vessels in sequence. I also purify on-demand so my tank gets filled with tap water, the vessels are on board & pumped through. Get home, plug hose into tank, torbeck valve prevents over-flow & that's it until I start the next day!!/emoticons/smile.png One fill of one vessel will last me about 4 to 5 weeks with good resin & one bag of resin will fill a vessel almost three times. I will use 4 to 5 bags of resin per year so my whole purifying costs for one year are between £300 - £375 approx. No RO, no holding tank, no transfer, no hassle & the benefit of being able to fill up anywhere.:thumbs:

I don't use an RO. My tap TDS is 80-90ppm so I just run through two 11ltr DI vessels in sequence. I also purify on-demand so my tank gets filled with tap water, the vessels are on board & pumped through. Get home, plug hose into tank, torbeck valve prevents over-flow & that's it until I start the next day!! :) One fill of one vessel will last me about 4 to 5 weeks with good resin & one bag of resin will fill a vessel almost three times. I will use 4 to 5 bags of resin per year so my whole purifying costs for one year are between £300 - £375 approx. No RO, no holding tank, no transfer, no hassle & the benefit of being able to fill up anywhere.:thumbs:
Hi mate so with 25L one bag how many sq m can you clean of windows

erm, I would say you would need a top mathematician to work that one out. really easier to work out how much pure water you could produce. There is a resin calculator somewhere, could last years or could last months depending on tds going into di and how much you use.

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/resin-calculator.html

There is literally no mathematical equation that could work that out. If a window has some dried on bird strikes you will use more, would depend if you were using a univalve/tap or allowing water to run between windows... My head hurts even thinking about it. I doubt even @spruce could answer that one. The above link will allow you to work out how much pure water you can make based on your TDS, roughly of course.

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/resin-calculator.html

There is literally no mathematical equation that could work that out. If a window has some dried on bird strikes you will use more, would depend if you were using a univalve/tap or allowing water to run between windows... My head hurts even thinking about it. I doubt even @spruce could answer that one. The above link will allow you to work out how much pure water you can make based on your TDS, roughly of course.
Na go on please, don’t be a spoil sport, work it out for us. 

Latest Posts

Back