Jump to content
Matty H

Best resin



Recommended Posts

RWCleaning
Just now, P4dstar said:

Thats easy then 4742m with 2mm pencil jets and 5302m with 50 degree fan jets 😂😂😂

What is the psi on the delivery pump on ? 

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
14 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

What is the psi on the delivery pump on ? 

100PSI using a spring controller set to 55 with 6mm microbore hose.

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning
Just now, P4dstar said:

100PSI using a spring controller set to 55 with 6mm microbore hose.

Ah typical! i should of known 🙄

cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
GSS Window Cleaning
On 04/12/2014 at 18:24, Matty H said:

So I'm producing water at around 5 - 6ppm after RO & have just moved across to a 21" refillable DI cartridge that fits a champ housing (it fits into my system better than existing set up)

As I use so little resin I was buying pre-filled cartridges so unsure as to what resin was in it!!! This new option saves me money so why not! What resin do you lot think I should get to fill the cartridge please? And do I have to compact it into the cartridge? Cheers lads ;)

I've now come to the conclusion it doesn't matter too much what resin you use if using any of the name brands. I still get 6 weeks out of a 25litre bag regardless of the make of resin and I've used most and they all produce the same results. I've gone down the route of using the cheapest named brand which is usually Unger saves me some money over the year when I buy a bag every 6 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
1 hour ago, GSS Window Cleaning said:

I've now come to the conclusion it doesn't matter too much what resin you use if using any of the name brands. I still get 6 weeks out of a 25litre bag regardless of the make of resin and I've used most and they all produce the same results. I've gone down the route of using the cheapest named brand which is usually Unger saves me some money over the year when I buy a bag every 6 weeks. 

I've found that Unger does the job but doesn't last as long as Tulsion 115. There are issues with the quality of some resin from certain suppliers. There have been reports of resin beads breaking pumps. Theres a lot more to it than price dude.

Share this post


Link to post
GSS Window Cleaning
1 hour ago, P4dstar said:

I've found that Unger does the job but doesn't last as long as Tulsion 115. There are issues with the quality of some resin from certain suppliers. There have been reports of resin beads breaking pumps. Theres a lot more to it than price dude.

Been doing it nearly 9 years now I don't notice any difference between them and they don't last any longer in my experience. Use anything from 400-550 litres a day. Never had an issue with beads of resin getting into the pump as i use a strainer like most. I've just come to the conclusion that they all do the same job and last the same amount of time before I have to replace so I've gone down the route of sticking to Unger as it's the cheapest named brand. If u can save nearly 20 on a bag of resin it's an awful lot of money over the year if you have to replace them every 6 weeks like me. But this is just my opinion. But I've just noticed Unger has gone up from £70 delivered to £90 now so will have to have a good look around when I order some next. 

1 hour ago, P4dstar said:

I've found that Unger does the job but doesn't last as long as Tulsion 115. There are issues with the quality of some resin from certain suppliers. There have been reports of resin beads breaking pumps. Theres a lot more to it than price dude.

And agreed there is some cheap resin around that's why i only use named brands but like I said I've not noticed any major difference to make me stick to the so called best "tulsion" they all produce pure water and last on average 6 weeks for me. So if I can save myself £10-20 each time then I'm happy to stick with the cheapest named brand I can find. 

Edited by GSS Window Cleaning

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.