Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Coincidence or not ?

Jackjoewill

Have swopped to wfp now for three months. In the last few weeks I have found my hands cut and scab easily, after a slight knock. At the moment I have about six on each hand. Is this the result of pure water on my hands, or just a coincidence ?

Nothing to do with pure water, more likely your pole. I have lumps of hard skin on my right hand from repetitive pole use (of the wfp type before any funny comments:D). It could also be glass fibers irritating the skin also. Is your pole fiberglass?

one pair got covered in petrol...oops so I decided to use em for gardening as they stunk...I will always have them on in the garden from now on...great gloves....somebody said they could beat your price...come on....I need more soon...

I have that bad circulation problem at start up on my fingers ...so I wear them all the time no problems since....

er...I have to be careful as of course they all look the same and are handed ....oops...you should see my front seat and boot...just about everything on there...

not that I know being too poor to have a proper pole but carbon dust is a pain too so the gloves would help with that...

Have swopped to wfp now for three months. In the last few weeks I have found my hands cut and scab easily, after a slight knock. At the moment I have about six on each hand. Is this the result of pure water on my hands, or just a coincidence ?
Pure water does actually dry your hands out more than tap water mate. As it reverts back to it's impure state it will take natural moisture from your hands /emoticons/sad.png

Pure water does actually dry your hands out more than tap water mate. As it reverts back to it's impure state it will take natural moisture from your hands /emoticons/sad.png
Your hands shouldn't really come into contact with pure water, pure water is not much different to rain water.

Your hands shouldn't really come into contact with pure water, pure water is not much different to rain water.
Sure but you will still get it on your hands when connecting / disconnecting poles & hose reel! I don't stand outside in the rain all day getting my hands wet /emoticons/biggrin.png

After window cleaning 25 years my hands are rock solid like coral a good barrier cream really makes a difference

Last edited:
Back