Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TolishAPurd

Smurf pr0n.

TolishAPurd
Cut out rotten bit of windowsill

Make sure you leave a rough surface to join to and mix up some body filler

Fill gap or remake corner etc to rough shape

After 20 minutes you can file and sand a lot easier than wood

Then repaint windowsill

Will outlast the rest of the sill

If remaking a corner or end screw a couple of brass screws in so filler has something good to grip on

That is awesome,definitely going to try that, i've saved it in my ebay for the future.

Dave B

Go to local car spares place and it is called p38

Or p40 If you want to get the stuff with fibreglass matting with it to bridge big holes with but personally i would build up a few layers of p38

TolishAPurd
Go to local car spares place and it is called p38

Or p40 If you want to get the stuff with fibreglass matting with it to bridge big holes with but personally i would build up a few layers of p38

That is brilliant mate. I can think of one job I turned down once where this would have been perfect. (Cutting the wood out wasn't an option).

Smurf

My late dad had a car once that if you put a magnet on most of the car panels it would not work.

It had so much rust in it he spent ages filling the rust holes will filler. Bless him:D

Dave B

My trade is panel beater and body fitter

Never done it since 2 yr apprenticeship nearly finished and garage went into liquidation due to useless management

Can bodge a mean windowsill

Was earning more on the windows with mates dad back then on weekends and days off

Smurf

Well the good news is the gutters should not be frozen this morning as it's raining & and a bit windy instead. Oh deep joy :(

I'm still going to pop out to try do a bit and will see how I get on. If it gets too bad I will just have to pack it in as will be using a guttervac not ladders if I can help it today.

I might take a few pics as you do :D

Pickingpaul
Slow but not really advertised yet

Just asked a few friends and family

Want to get Christmas out the way then advertise for everything

Jack of all trades master of fook all..lol

My uncle is a full time handy man, he advertises in those small trade magazines with the magneton the back, he is never out of work, all day long booked in work. He started it after he got made redundant a few years back.

Dave B

Got to give my brother a quote for gutters

Do i go cheap n cheerful or top whack as has dormers etc and he earns about 90k a year..tempted with top whack

Guest PTWC

If he did some work for you, what would he charge you?

Top whack.

Dave B

Actually he is good like that

Always when we go out doesn't let me put my hand in my pocket

That's why i have a dilemma

Still my time being taken up

Smurf

No ladders needed today which made a nice change as I did not fancy handballing all this wet crud out.

tn-GOPR0391.JPG.cda11023a790a73581b25080455f9a1f.JPG

tn-GOPR0379.JPG.006ba8c55f7cefe1a309f77648a66f0a.JPG

I had to empty that vac 3 times too plus get rid of loads of sods as not all are in the pics. Also customer son had to give me a hand each time to dump it behind a tree as the drum way to heavy to lift over the plants on my own.

It makes good compost missus honest :D

Smurf

That one was a large detached 4 sider gutter clearing job which had large bay windows front and back with very deep soffits. Also had dorma windows with gutters and extension so a guttervac was needed anyway so me ladders where left on the van.

Dave B

Mine was a 4 bed end of terrace with sloped front under dormer and wet decking across the back with half width conny

All done with ladders and extension pole and fascias/gutters scrubbed

I need a trolley

No pure no fancy brushes

Just a decent heavy duty brush for the job and tap water with chems

Feel fooked today as that was my second one of the day plus windows on a 4 bed detached

All on a sunday..where's me beer

Smurf

Nice one...But good earners knowing you :thumbsup:

Mine was a 4 bed end of terrace with sloped front under dormer and wet decking across the back with half width conny

All done with ladders and extension pole and fascias/gutters scrubbed

I need a trolley

No pure no fancy brushes

Just a decent heavy duty brush for the job and tap water with chems

Feel fooked today as that was my second one of the day plus windows on a 4 bed detached

All on a sunday..where's me beer

Dave B

Can't believe that i only started up again 3nd of june and now am culling custys for better work

Shows that hard graft does pay off

Only have 3 weeks out of a 4 week month of work but still i think i did well

Not like certain people from grimsby who did it in 7 days lol but hard graft nonetheless

And yes it does make good compost

Used to dump mine down allotment

Smurf

It's hard graft is it not especially when they want you to clean all the plastics afterwards.

Not as good as if you had priced them

Dave B

Yes it is especially when done by hand

Wet microfibre. .wet scourer and dry microfibre

Then commence lots of annoying scrubbing

Smurf

Sometimes it does a better job when having to do it by hand as your can restore plastics beter than just using wfp that's for sure.

Yes it is especially when done by hand

Wet microfibre. .wet scourer and dry microfibre

Then commence lots of annoying scrubbing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.