Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Christmas cards for customers

i did it once, but the postage was a killer /scrooge mentality has set in since

treated my workers to a workers xmas lunch last week, all their mates had "dos" out at restaurants, but ours was at burger king. was later a little hurt to read snide comments on facebook about scrooge here

Postage? I just hand delivered them an hour ago :laugh:

And they were very cheap :hey: market stand in brum was selling three packs for £1. and 24 per pack=72 for a pound, pain writing them though (cough i mean was hard to watch my misses do it)

Burger king isnt exactly a treat or reward, more of a last resort me:whistle: but free lunch is still free lunch so at least they had something

You should have stretched to at least nandos boarcity :laugh:

i did it once, but the postage was a killer /scrooge mentality has set in since
treated my workers to a workers xmas lunch last week, all their mates had "dos" out at restaurants, but ours was at burger king. was later a little hurt to read snide comments on facebook about scrooge here
Thats a nice gesture mate, don't read too much into the comments I'm sure it was all in jest.

As for crimbo cards, I thought about it, but no. Its a business not a friendship.

i have them ready if they give me one I can get them one..but I find it all embarrassing this xmas thing...but suppose...you have to take the tips you don't want to upset them:rolleyes:

I would give the steam of my p...... To some of my custies :mad: Especially the non payers ,, cull in the the new year me think I ve had my eyes opened from some lately

I would give the steam of my p...... To some of my custies :mad: Especially the non payers ,, cull in the the new year me think I ve had my eyes opened from some lately
Perhaps you could kill two birds with one stone here Natty1972....give a Crimbo card to the ones your dumping just write on it ...."this is the last one yea gettin from me"....lol

I have never given cards before, this year all I have done is stuck a xmas label to the back of my "sorry I miised you cards" wishing the ones not in happy xmas....I only get about 5 cards from my 400 plus customers..if I was to do xmas cards they would be done with my logo on them.

only my customers who tip will recieve a christmas card, ive had a few , with something dropping out of them, /emoticons/smile.png:)/emoticons/wink.png, dropping them a card gives them the hint. tips pay for the hollidays when off for xmas till januarry

Have been toying with the idea, but only if I can come up with some kind of voucher or promotion that will involve them spending more money with me.....

I suppose you could also enclose a discount voucher for whatever service you want to push in the new year.

Maybe a loyalty card or something to enable them to get a little something off when say they have the exterior of their home cleaned be it plastics or maybe driveway cleaned to give their home back some kirb appeal. :rolleyes:

I'm not really in the xmas mood this year with not long losing abbey, however I do really like the idea of my company logo with a bit if Holly hanging from it mmmmm next year maybe

/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png:DDid it first 2 years then gave up. Gave none out last year & collected my most tips ever. They give me a tip or a card as a thank you. I turn up & do there windows in drizzle, minus temps & blazing heat so they should give me something :rof:

/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png:DDid it first 2 years then gave up. Gave none out last year & collected my most tips ever. They give me a tip or a card as a thank you. I turn up & do there windows in drizzle, minus temps & blazing heat so they should give me something :rof:
Just a cuppa tea would be nice some days

Xmas can be really tuff at times for sure after a bereavement...Many a time I have to just battle on for the sake of the rest of the family so I understand where you are coming from.

I'm not really in the xmas mood this year with not long losing abbey, however I do really like the idea of my company logo with a bit if Holly hanging from it mmmmm next year maybe

Lost my dad 28th october 15 years ago

Christmas still isn't the same

My thoughts are with you and your family this Christmas mate

I'm not in the Christmas mood either, found out earlier today that my collarbone has still not healed, so the bone-graft i had done in September didn't take.

I have put some cards through for the few customers i do have though. I like Smurfs idea of a voucher off a driveway clean etc. Will keep that in mind for next year.

Back