Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Online payments

seye

I'm sure it would have been discussed before but cant find anything does anyone have a link to a thread on customers paying online. Or would appreciate any advice on it. I'm going to start introducing it to customers in the new year but don't know much about what my options are other than I have a PayPal account.

Cheers

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Thanks could use both those options, would need to set up a web page rather than a big site. Is a website quite cheap to set up.

yep for a while now I have just put my account sort code on the back of my slip and its great to see the money come in...hopefully..soon I will get some proper printed cards../emoticons/biggrin.png

So I take it they just go online and transfer money to your account cnc

Yes but never publish your bank details on a website
Cheers smurf

Is it perfectly safe on your calling slip I take it. Daft questions maybe but its the first i have thought of doing this.

I know the custys I am putting the details on so don't worry...I believe Jeremy Clarkson once gave out his details saying it was perfectly safe to find out it wasn't as safe as what he thought....they could be used to give a donation etc but....I rarely keep the money in the account long enough:D

I also put reference address but I think that's common sense....

do you get any transfer reference like "weldone" "thank you" "November" lol Last week i phoned few customers to see who is who /emoticons/smile.png

Paypal is well known and trusted, but the charges are relatively high - GoCardless is brilliant as it works on a variable direct debit system,.. after the custie gives you the initial authorisation via your website/ signup link then you are in control,.. after you clean you click a button on the system and its taken from their account via DD - no more waiting to get paid!

The fees are a lot lower than Paypal too. /emoticons/wink.png

yep for a while now I have just put my account sort code on the back of my slip and its great to see the money come in...hopefully..soon I will get some proper printed cards../emoticons/biggrin.png
Yep it's my goal for 2015 to totally eliminate collecting, already got few using Bac's ..that's my preferred, I do take PayPal but pass the charge on to the custy...

With BACS you still need to wait for the customer to make payment - with Gocardless YOU are in control, you just submit the DD after you clean & since its been pre-authorised the custies doesn't have to do anything. /emoticons/wink.png

With BACS you still need to wait for the customer to make payment - with Gocardless YOU are in control, you just submit the DD after you clean & since its been pre-authorised the custies doesn't have to do anything. /emoticons/wink.png
I could see this going wrong as at times customers think you haven't been even though you have and carded it after , think most of my customers would like to be in control of when they pay especially in the council estate ares

if they haven't paid by next clean I just bill em twice....It did er....cause a slight problem when I was passing a house and stood talking to her and she didn't go to pay so I said £9 please and she said oh I have just paid online....oops....

so I make sure I check if I am planning on collecting..

it seems to take about a week for most to pay...I don't miss collecting:D

yep.....:hiding::hiding::hiding:....its a bit like wondering if you have already collected the money.....I have one now and I went to the door oh sorry no money but my brain thinks I have collected it...

Back