Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Your help needed looking for quick delivery of a product

Scottie

Hello all,

Just a short plee for any info. If times ar enot hard enough trying to build a round I have had my ladder m8rix industrial stolen and I need one asap. I am looking around but can nto see a shop that sells it i can walk into, so have to look online and the delivery times are bad, if nayone knows of any places with quick delivery and a decent price, I had a company at £62 pounds but they can not delivery till saturday. Thats is putting me out big time.

I hope someone may have some info or know of a place, log shot but wrth a try.

Thank you to anyone whom responds.

All the best, Scott

I can't help you with the ladder mate but just wanted to say that that is a shitty thing to have happen to you. Where was it when it was stolen?

Was just out testing it on my house, left it on front and boom! gone, abotu 1 minute got side tracked in doors, did not think in 1 min in a quiet little road it would go, so gutted as now I have had to canx some clients, I am not going up ladder with out it and I am border line skint as spent load money on promotion trying to get off the ground with it all and this happens, I feel so deflated, and then I speak to a clietn to explain I will be dalyed a little by 3-4 days and she says Oh I will get someone else, I was going to ask can you wait but i jst thought NO SOD YA! if you can do that then you will drop me at throw of a hat if a cheaper quote comes along, I cna sense the type, oh well, feel gutted its effcting things. I am just beyond fed up at present.

Cheers mate! My own fault leaving it out, somthign I am hot on all my life with anyting, just pure bad timing! Some people out there just are scum! stealing off others. Can nto be anyone down the road as all older and its a nice little road with decent people, so a chancer I suspect! GUTTED!

Hello all,
Just a short plee for any info. If times ar enot hard enough trying to build a round I have had my ladder m8rix industrial stolen and I need one asap. I am looking around but can nto see a shop that sells it i can walk into, so have to look online and the delivery times are bad, if nayone knows of any places with quick delivery and a decent price, I had a company at £62 pounds but they can not delivery till saturday. Thats is putting me out big time.

I hope someone may have some info or know of a place, log shot but wrth a try.

Thank you to anyone whom responds.

All the best, Scott
Has this been edited? I'm sure it said a ladder had been stolen when I first read it.

Nope you are just getting as daft as me now. Old age is creeping in /emoticons/biggrin.png

Has this been edited? I'm sure it said a ladder had been stolen when I first read it.

Thanks smurf. I am just a little nervous of buying on ebay, and if the item is working right, its a major safty device and i want it right, you get me. I also had the industrial with spikes on top as worried about the pro one with rubber on top? I am not sure about it, its prob good but the industrial is more full proof than rubber, they only used the rubber due to safty if anyone fell on it working in public. It will only be me using it. I dont no what everyone thinks about them. The industrial is deffo more versitile a little.

Thanks for the links, cheap at £26 that pro one, tempted, but it looks battered a bit. I found one on line but delivery is not garanteed until thrsday could be friday, I think I will have to go with that tomorrow and put people off, worried about losing clients now. Fell so dam fed up, its taken ages to build this and not done that great yet, 15 custys in three weeks. now losing them due to some scum bag pinching my stuff. I deffo will not leave anything unattended now.

Just treat it as a learning curve and keep your chin up bud as customers come and go in this game all the time.

Once you are out there working then you will find it gets easier to pick up work so just sort your kit out first and it will come:thumbsup:

Hi Tuffers, yeah, its easy to use plonk down and put ladders on, seconds, its really safer, I used it and I would not be able to put ladders on decking i had to do with out it, I would **** myself, outward slip would have hapend. You think normal ladders are ok in the wet etc? I not as confident as you as newbie and tryign to be safe. I thought it was a quick good thing to use. Literally takes me seconds, put it by house get ladders and put ladder in postion slip it under and away go, all in all 45 seconds then just move it each window. easy. /emoticons/smile.png

I just worry with everyone saying watch the ladders in winter need safty or dont use ladders get WFP, i can not yet as not built my business up enough. Am I being too over safe, I have a stand off too, that make me feel safer than just the ladders on the wall.

Cheers and cheers smurf for the words:)

Confidence using your ladders will come in time Scottie. I'm so much more confident than I was a month ago. Saying that, I think it's a good thing to be cautious. I don't use any ladder safety devices but I don't take any risks. I did a house the other day and the decking so slippery that I could hardly stand on it. I just explained to the customer and then used my extendable pole. It's not worth the risk mate. Make sure that when you haven't got any jobs on that you keep practicing with the ladders and you'll get there in no time.

Confidence using your ladders will come in time Scottie. I'm so much more confident than I was a month ago. Saying that, I think it's a good thing to be cautious. I don't use any ladder safety devices but I don't take any risks. I did a house the other day and the decking so slippery that I could hardly stand on it. I just explained to the customer and then used my extendable pole. It's not worth the risk mate. Make sure that when you haven't got any jobs on that you keep practicing with the ladders and you'll get there in no time.
Hello mate, Thanks for that. Yeah, Confidence is ok, just like to know I have safty in place, its prob way I am too, over thinking, but I think using the ladder m8rix is a good step, its quick to use and adds some stability and the stand off too helps, makes it feel safer thats for sure.

Thats what worries me decking, wow that stuff is impossible unless got a m8rix, thats helps, but tbh I would use the pole, only thing is I am **** on the pole I been practicing, but leave big scuff marks and the detailing is hard. I really need to find some good vids on it of places for tips. How good are you at it adam? Any tips, what do you use in the process. Its long winded, I prefer to use a WFP, but I am just not sold on the it (yet) lol - I just dont think it can mix well in winter when frezzing etc...

Anyway, the trad pole takes me ages, I thought it would be fine but I was so wrong.

Can get complacent though

Some jobs i do regular i am on the way up the ladder as it touches the wall

trad pole takes an average joe about 6 months to get acceptable results- and never do a first clean with a trad pole, u will risk getting cancelled

just my experience .

Can get complacent thoughSome jobs i do regular i am on the way up the ladder as it touches the wall
are you a wall man davey? i was but for only about a month,been a sill man ever since

however -placing ladders on sills is very risky this time of year, especially on bay windows -the risk of a sideaways slip is always on my mind

Back