Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which leisure battery? v??? ah??

Clearview Lee

I just wondered if there's a tried & tested Leisure battery that's recommended??

Which specifications are best for staying charged the longest enabling you to work effectively ie; AH etc...

I need to order one today at some point.

Thanks in advance.

110 maybe but depends what you want it for as would be too big for a trolley obviously

Can't go wrong at that price to pick up local as comes with a 2 year guarantee :thumbsup:

That's handy to know! I ordered mine online before which bumps up the cost for delivery. I never use a SMART relay...how often do you use that then?? Could be where I'm going wrong!
If you are asking about the leisure battery, it is used all day every day. The smart relay is always connected and clicks into use when the engine is running. Best money I have spent. No more charging every night. Always enough power to work.

Have you the link for the smart relay you got from ebay please.

If you are asking about the leisure battery, it is used all day every day. The smart relay is always connected and clicks into use when the engine is running. Best money I have spent. No more charging every night. Always enough power to work.

As I understand it, they can be charged up to 500 times, so a couple of years would seem reasonable. Because these were small, I found that I was running out of power before the work was done. To prevent this I benched charged every night. So I was easily using much of its life by the amount of charges it was having.

Like I said, the 115ah battery has never been bench charged and has been in use for 6 months to date. Make sure you buy a bigger one (110 +).

Ok Thanks a lot, I will. Cheers for the info! I never realised all this. No wonder cos I've had mine nearly 2 years.

I use my van privately weekends as I don't own a car. Is it recommended that I disconnect the charging device when I'm not working as I can do this very easily??

....just got this responce from where I bought the battery...

Dear Clearviewiew,

Thank you for your response.

From experience, 6-12 months is the average life span, although using batteries like the CXV Numax range can prolong this.

Many thanks,

Daniel

Back