Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Call back, i think you forgot a window

Tuffers

Had a text saying 'Hi, I think you forgot to do the upstairs back bedroom window.' Ooh dear, I'll be round in 10 minutes to have a look I reply (45 seconds drive from my house, so no bother going round). I was wandering if Vision was to blame :confused: or had I really forgot to do it :eek:. I get there and decide to get the ladders off to have a proper look. No, I hadn't forgotten it, it was from the rain and hail from later in the day. It had run down off the brickwork above the window and the wind had blown the dirty rain onto the glass. I got a cup of tea and an apology /emoticons/smile.png

I don't think she'll be moaning again ::p:

Excellent customer services going straight round m8
Yep, cleaned first thing Thursday morning and she texted just under an hour ago. It rained heavy, hailed and windy later in the day, I'm guessing she's not the only one with manky windows :rolleyes:.

Thats interesting, i did a big house on thursday, and today i get an email from the lady saying that it looks like i missed half the windows.

What?

Well we had real bad weather with strong winds etc as well thursday night.

So im wondering if it is the same problem as tuffers custy.

I know for sure that i did clean everything, so it must be something like this.

I said ill go back and sort it.

She also asked if i could do all the insides at the same time so ill even get some paid work at the visit.

Is this one of the drawbacks of wfp or would it be the same if they were trad. I only ask as I have heard its not wise to wfp when it's windy or we're gonna get wind. Be nice to know just for future reference as only use the pole every now & then.

I was asked today not to use any chems on the back gutters & fascia because the chap did not want chems killing his fish. So when I go to do it I will just have to use plan old special self drying hot water on that side Instead.

It's a good job I've got two tanks in me van as there is no outside tap or more importantly safe ladder access unless I want to go paddling with his fish :rolleyes:

I had a call back a few weeks ago as the mother in law of the custy never saw me do kitchen and didn't realise the dirt was inside

That got me a beer and a biccy as is a friend of my brother and felt bad

Is this one of the drawbacks of wfp or would it be the same if they were trad. I only ask as I have heard its not wise to wfp when it's windy or we're gonna get wind. Be nice to know just for future reference as only use the pole every now & then.
Not that I'm speaking of any experience, however if the dirt on the windows has come from the brickwork/rendering then the outcome would be the same regardless of the method used.

It is wise not to go up ladders also during heavy winds.

Would have been the same trad as rain dripping dirt off top lintle onto window if I interpret right what tuffers is meaning.

Nothing to do with WFP.

The only issue with WFP regarding the wind is that, if you have a long pole up in the air, the wind can sometimes catch it and make things difficult. The same as a trad pole or ladders.

----------

Paul

i trad one the other day and it hardly rained but when i went back to put the bill in....yukky so i did em again...luck of the draw sometimes with the weather..

had a custy say a few months back,"you have never cleaned the window at the back of the house ever", I assured her that I did,its a small window, but said I would have a look, nothing but cobwebs inside the window, custy notified, "Oh I will have to have a look" no apologies no tea and no biscuit

Back