Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black ice & fractured ribs!!

♠Winp®oClean♠

Stepped out of my van at first job Thursday morning. Before I even knew what was happening I was on the deck, face down!! Unfortunately, my hand, in a fist shape (for some reason) was under my right breast & thus was pressed into my chest via 13.5 stone of pure muscle (cough, cough)!! Really struggled last two days & got up this morning virtually unable to wipe my own a*se! Pretty sure I've fractured my ribs. Great!!:rolleyes:

Ouch

I've been there while boxing

Bloody hurts

If you have no sharp pain while breathing in deeply i would say they are bruised or fractured but if you breathe in deep and it feels like someone is stabbing you go to the docs mate to be sure

OuchI've been there while boxing

Bloody hurts

If you have no sharp pain while breathing in deeply i would say they are bruised or fractured but if you breathe in deep and it feels like someone is stabbing you go to the docs mate to be sure
When I breath in very deep it's very sore but it's not the excruciating/stabbing that you would get with broken ribs. They're at least very bruised but even if fractured I don't think there is anything that can be done anyway is there?

No you can't do much

Only reason to go to docs is sharp pain when breathing as means broken or splintered and poking into lungs or body which isn't good

Stepped out of my van at first job Thursday morning. Before I even knew what was happening I was on the deck, face down!! Unfortunately, my hand, in a fist shape (for some reason) was under my right breast & thus was pressed into my chest via 13.5 stone of pure muscle (cough, cough)!! Really struggled last two days & got up this morning virtually unable to wipe my own a*se! Pretty sure I've fractured my ribs. Great!!:rolleyes:
Dr Tuffers prescribes booze and plenty of it tonight. You'll be right by Monday :thumbsup:

BTW, I've got a man cold. Not as bad as man flu, but I am ill. No sympathy from her lady ship either /emoticons/sad.png. No nooky for her tonight /emoticons/wink.png

No you can't do muchOnly reason to go to docs is sharp pain when breathing as means broken or splintered and poking into lungs which isn't good
That's been in the back of my mind but to be honest it's not that bad but just bloody sore!

Thanks for the advice though.:thumbsup:

I am on plenty of booze tonight

Lost a stone and 2 lb in 4 weeks of training

Soon be back in fighting shape

I am on plenty of booze tonightLost a stone and 2 lb in 4 weeks of training

Soon be back in fighting shape
I'm a big boxing fan, have been for years. My only current wish is to see Tyson Fury get his **** spread all over the canvas!!/emoticons/biggrin.png

Been watching the Queensbury stuff this year too./emoticons/wink.png

Tyson fury is a **** manc pikey

Ewbank jnr is looking promising

I am from the iron mike era

Best boxer ever and fast for his weight

Tyson fury is a **** manc pikeyEwbank jnr is looking promising

I am from the iron mike era

Best boxer ever and fast for his weight
Ha, we're definitely on the same page mate! Brilliant era. I'll never forget the Benn Vs McLellan night- terrible outcome but what a fight. Same with Calzaghe Vs Jeff Lacy- what a lesson that was!!

I am an ex boxer and now am learning krav maga (israeli army martial art )

Learnt it as a kid from mates dad who was ex israeli army and taught us

They use it to train law enforcement and special forces worldwide nowadays

I am an ex boxer and now am learning krav maga (israeli army martial art )Learnt it as a kid from mates dad who was ex israeli army and taught us

They use it to train law enforcement and special forces worldwide nowadays
I take it you don't suffer with many cancellations then? /emoticons/biggrin.png:D

It looks glamorous on bourne identity or expendables with Jason statham doing it but in reality is messy

Best parts of aikedo. Jiu jitsu tae kwon do

Etc but is designed to kill or incapacitate not just defend

Self Defense Krav Maga demonstration: [media]

[/media]

Sorry to hear that winproclean, I don’t think you can do much if you fracture rib(s), when I crashed my bike at Donnington I cracked a couple of ribs, was told it’s a bit like a broken nose they cant/don’t really do anything for you.

Sorry to hear that winproclean, I don’t think you can do much if you fracture rib(s), when I crashed my bike at Donnington I cracked a couple of ribs, was told it’s a bit like a broken nose they cant/don’t really do anything for you.
What bike you got Rich?

I've done it several times

Just have to suck it up and carry on

Painkillers and ibuprofen help

If you need to cough it really helps to not hurt so much if you hold your ribs with your hand while you do

I came off my blade years ago and landed on my coxix (tailbone)

Couldn't walk for 2 weeks

Not had a bike for a few years and now miss it

Latest Posts

Back