Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help can't figure it out

koopmaster

Hi. I am at a loss as to why my second pump and controller won't work. Its wired in and works when I put the first systems yellow hose on but when I connect the white new hose it's not pumping water.

I did get it to work for a few minutes then it stopped... I have tightened all the connections and even put ptfy tape on but it like it's sucking air from somewhere. ..... I tested the hose by sucking and blowing and it does not have a leak... now at a loss as to what's going on...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Window Cleaning Forums, powered by appyet.com

I don't clearly understand the difference between your two? systems. Reasons from my experience could be-

Strainer blocked

Air lock (pump not primed)

Pressure setting too low (controller dead ending) this happens a lot in winter.

Your "second" system- is the tank vented? i.e. can air get in to let water out?

I forgot to put the photos on.
67368e774eb165d0ea1283e0dc0114d4.jpg
e44a3ab616a365bc7808a7fb012e60b9.jpg

Its the one at the back.

I have been thinking about it. Do I need 2 leasure batteries. I wonder if there is not enought power to run both. Plus the leasure battery is low and is actually charging at the moment.

Mmmmmmmm....... is the new pump & strainer new? No chance of the strainer being blocked?

It could be air. What I would do is take the hose reel connector off so you're left with an open ended pipe. Switch the new pump on & suck on the white pipe with your mouth. If there is an air lock preventing proper operation this should sort it out. If this is the case it might be worth fitting non-return valves in the pipes for both pumps.

Hi. I am at a loss as to why my second pump and controller won't work. Its wired in and works when I put the first systems yellow hose on but when I connect the white new hose it's not pumping water.
I did get it to work for a few minutes then it stopped... I have tightened all the connections and even put ptfy tape on but it like it's sucking air from somewhere. ..... I tested the hose by sucking and blowing and it does not have a leak... now at a loss as to what's going on...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Window Cleaning Forums, powered by appyet.com

Is the fitting going into your reel one of those with the shut off thingys in ? sometimes they can stop the flow

I think it might.... actually I took off the hozelock connection.

After reading the posts I think it might be 2 things...

1 air block

2 low power...

The air block won't sort itself out until I have enought juice so will test after its charged or even a second battery tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

I think it might.... actually I took off the hozelock connection.
After reading the posts I think it might be 2 things...

1 air block

2 low power...

The air block won't sort itself out until I have enought juice so will test after its charged or even a second battery tomorrow.

Back