Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Earnings

moonpig

Hey guys im new hear but been cleaning for the last 5 years wfp in the south west. How much do people tend to earn or charge for a days work. Ive had some big jobs in the past that I have under priced my self on big time because I didn't think they would go for it or thought that I was cheeky asking for that much I.E. Big gutter jobs that take a hole day to do. On the window cleaning side of things I tend to earn between £150-£200 a day starting at 9 and finished by around 2-3 most days. But gutter jobs i dont like asking for more than £150 but some are really big and take a hard days graft and I wouldn't be finished untill say like 4. What do you guys charge/ earn?

Thanks moonpig

fred and frank dont earn a lot as they are based up here in the north where things are a bit tighter....but ...they are learning....then maybe they wouldnt rush around like an idiot and fall head over heels on their backside tangled up in hose and trolley....well the grass was slippy.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Maybe I can help!

I got asked if I do gutters from a franchise firm selling cars. I'd never done them before, but something in me just said yeah, I do! It was only 'cos it was for a large motoring company that I couldn't pass it by.

Anyway, the PA said "this is what the other firm we use are doing it for, if you can match it, you can do it!"

I took a look at the paper quote in her hand and it read £1,600 for 5 properties!!! I just took one look, and said "Sure, I can probably do it a bit cheaper too!" I ended up knocking £200 off for them, and I do it every year, and give the PA £50 cash every year for contacting head office for me to do each year. The work takes me under 2 days to do with the travelling. One of them takes me 20mins, another half hour max. The other 3 about 2 hours.

I'd never have quoted that price myself, so it's become my end of year Brucie Bonus! :) I wish I could get more of them.

If a job takes all day you want a whole days pay for it

Extra for awkwardness/safety issues

Extra for commercial as they write it off on tax

Don't sell yourself short as you have to look after number 1

If anything quote high

If you get the job underpriced you won't be happy doing it and spending a whole day on a job regretting it is not a good feeling

If a job takes all day you want a whole days pay for itExtra for awkwardness/safety issues

Extra for commercial as they write it off on tax

Don't sell yourself short as you have to look after number 1

If anything quote high

If you get the job underpriced you won't be happy doing it and spending a whole day on a job regretting it is not a good feeling
Exactly. This is where I've stumbled so many times.

If someone says you've got it if you can match another price then why drop it a further £200?... Thats just crazy if you ask to me :confused:

Maybe I can help!
I got asked if I do gutters from a franchise firm selling cars. I'd never done them before, but something in me just said yeah, I do! It was only 'cos it was for a large motoring company that I couldn't pass it by.

Anyway, the PA said "this is what the other firm we use are doing it for, if you can match it, you can do it!"

I took a look at the paper quote in her hand and it read £1,600 for 5 properties!!! I just took one look, and said "Sure, I can probably do it a bit cheaper too!" I ended up knocking £200 off for them, and I do it every year, and give the PA £50 cash every year for contacting head office for me to do each year. The work takes me under 2 days to do with the travelling. One of them takes me 20mins, another half hour max. The other 3 about 2 hours.

I'd never have quoted that price myself, so it's become my end of year Brucie Bonus! /emoticons/smile.png I wish I could get more of them.

Yeah, I totally understand you there, Bud, and if I think about it too long it'll do me nut in! :) I've been cleaning for them for over 10 years now, but just being the person I am, and grateful for all the work they've given me, I thought (in that moment) I'd do them a favour for the favour, if you catch my drift. That's just me. But in business terms, I can see that's a big fail!!!! :)))

Never mind... Now I'm feeling bad as each time you go and do that job as you will be thinking "bugger I could have earned myself another 200 squid extra for bugger all" /emoticons/biggrin.png

If someone says you've got it if you can match another price then why drop it a further £200?... Thats just crazy if you ask to me :confused:
must agree why drop the £200 still gd price I would be happy as pig in xxxx nice won

Back