Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This is not that safe at all

Neil

Have a butchers at this, good idea but still not that safe [media]

[/media]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's he thinking of lol if you loose grip with your hands then your done for [emoji23]

He starts by saying an alternative to rope and harness

In my opinion there is NO safe alternative to rope and harness

Roof ladders are about as safe as you can get without but anything that you are not physically connected to you can fall off

Crazy bleedin yanks

When all this type of gear is available to them why do they not use it??

Can't be ignorance as if in the trade surely they would have to know this stuff

Natural selection i suppose

Back to the darwin awards again

I still would use my proper climbing gear as i trust that 100%

It is a legal requirement to use fall protection on roofs both in the states and over here too.

So why did that guy bother to invent something that is not legal to use in the states beats me.:confused:

Am i wrong in my interpretation of the law

I thought it was the same as jcb and 360s etc

If personal use no licence/training/ppe needed to hire/use one but if doing a job for someone then you do need one

Is that not the same if on your own roof or am i wrong?

I think some of these inventions are aimed at homeowners wanting to get on their own roofs etc

Tell me if i am barking up the wrong tree

Pants. :thumbsdown:At least with a roof ladder you can sit in such a way that that it leaves both hands free to work.

Even if you are self employed you are still breaking the law by not following the working at height directive.

DIYers can do what they like on their own properties though /emoticons/biggrin.png

Am i wrong in my interpretation of the lawI thought it was the same as jcb and 360s etc

If personal use no licence/training/ppe needed to hire/use one but if doing a job for someone then you do need one

Is that not the same if on your own roof or am i wrong?

I think some of these inventions are aimed at homeowners wanting to get on their own roofs etc

Tell me if i am barking up the wrong tree

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how i understood it smurf

But that means they can make inferior safety devices and sell to diy ers who have no idea what is safe and what is a gimmick

That goat thing tolish you wouldn't be able to let go to actually work..i get your point

That goat thing tolish you wouldn't be able to let go to actually work..i get your point
Exactly. With your feet planted on the roof, and one hand holding on, you've only got one hand free.

May as well just use a knotted rope than that thing:D
If its good enough for this dude...

stock-photo--d-render-of-santa-claus-hanging-on-a-rope-114045217.jpg

/emoticons/biggrin.png

i like the bit at 5.27

its another suicide machine thats for sure!

whose fuelling these crazy ideas ? iv seen that yellow plastic in another mad idea someplace - chinese factories perhaps are encouraging it all

Last edited:
I just don't get how he thinks this is safe , the bit where he sits on the ridges and shuffles it along even that looks like a death trap [emoji107]

Latest Posts

Back