Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problems flowmaster control / shurflo pump not dead ending..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sinbad

Hi Everyone...

I wondered if any of you have had the same problem.Im currently towing a 250 litre water trolley from Pure Freedom that I picked up off a mate 6 months back

All's been well except for the past two months.It started where I would have problems with the battery (12 volt leisure battery) losing charge and now my system is not Dead Ending when I cut the waterflow off with the tap on my hose or brush so the pump just carries on even when im not using it (unless of course I switch it off on the flowmaster)

I called Pure Freedom who were very helpful and said maybe I had a leek iv looked all around and no leeks at all.

I just wondered if any of you have had the same problem and could belp in any way.

The pump on the system is a 100psi Shurflow with a flowmaster control all supplied already on a backplate....

Thanks in advance /emoticons/smile.png

Spring make the controllers for most of the WFP suppliers.

http://www.springltd.co/node/102

You will find the instructions of here somewhere on how to reduce the dead end setting. It could also be that a poor performing battery and the controller not dead ending are linked.

I first started off wfp with a trailer system before moving to a van mounted system. The leisure battery was mounted to the drawbar of the trailer and exposed to the elements. The leisure battery never lasted very long before it needed replacement.

A battery also becomes less efficient with a drop in temperatures. Winter time is the time that batteries are more prone to fail.

Supplementary charging regularly is also important. There is a thread running where I have noted battery size and the current the pump draws. Using a correct leisure battery charger as apposed to the car battery charger will help your leisure battery longevity. Keeping your battery fully charged is a good practice. I try not to let mine drop below a 75% charge and my current Numax 110 amph is 4 years old next month.

Spring make the controllers for most of the WFP suppliers.
http://www.springltd.co/node/102

You will find the instructions of here somewhere on how to reduce the dead end setting. It could also be that a poor performing battery and the controller not dead ending are linked.

I first started off wfp with a trailer system before moving to a van mounted system. The leisure battery was mounted to the drawbar of the trailer and exposed to the elements. The leisure battery never lasted very long before it needed replacement.

A battery also becomes less efficient with a drop in temperatures. Winter time is the time that batteries are more prone to fail.

Supplementary charging regularly is also important. There is a thread running where I have noted battery size and the current the pump draws. Using a correct leisure battery charger as apposed to the car battery charger will help your leisure battery longevity. Keeping your battery fully charged is a good practice. I try not to let mine drop below a 75% charge and my current Numax 110 amph is 4 years old next month.
Thanks for your advice and link /emoticons/smile.png

Back