Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oops! frozen

Smurf

Just managed to get into the side loading door of the van after it has been stood for a few days frozen solid. As I've been mostly in bed felling unwell with a man cold I could not be arsed to sort the van out until today.

Think i may need to get another gas water heater somehow as guess who forgot to drain it down. Oops! :D

View attachment 3485

I've thawed it out and taken the cover of it to see if I can see anything obvious so will now give it a test.

Not holding much hope though as was well and truly frozen

The good new is my pf trolley still works ok after it was thawed out as that was frozen solid too

Just goes to show even an old timer like me can still makes silly mistakes as the ironic thing is its all portable so could have been brought indoors...:laugh:

I've noticed the ouside air temp has not gone much above freezing today as I have a chepo wifi weather station so I expect a few more days like this and my water tanks will also turn into big blocks of ice:D

I just had one of our barter friends phone wanting a window cleaner. At least having a man cold does have its advantages sometimes /emoticons/biggrin.png

I just had one of our barter friends phone wanting a window cleaner. At least having a man cold does have its advantages sometimes /emoticons/biggrin.png
Lol....it wasn't Tuffers ex customer Mrs Sharma by any chance ....was it...!!!

She's not an ex yet /emoticons/biggrin.png, she's on the end of my hook and I'm dangling her ATM :rofl:
ah....she will be ex after "old fox smurf" works his charm......she'l be putty in his hands...price, frequency will not be an issue once the smurf as spoken...lol G-)

What like BOGOF I'm ill you mean /emoticons/biggrin.png

ah....she will be ex after "old fox smurf" works his charm......she'l be putty in his hands...price, frequency will not be an issue once the smurf as spoken...lol G-)

I'm going to see if my old L5 gas water heater can be repaired as it looks like just one pipe on the heater matrix has burst. Could take a while as my heating engineer mate like most plumbers never answers his phone /emoticons/biggrin.png

i had the woman's hair dryer at my trolley yesterday for half an hour getting it defrosted /emoticons/wink.png;) but when i finished it last night i ran the pump till it was blowing air and emptied the pole hose :thumbsup::thumbsup: just incase we get the hard stuff again before next week .

Back