Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Decent hose reel?

joe34

I'm looking to replace my hoses and reels before going back to work I've been using 8mm id hose what I got with the k system for the last few year but I'm going to try 6mm id .

Before I buy I just wondered if there is any make I should stay away from or any that's really worth the money any advise would be great thanks.

Joe

I was thinking about one of those clabber reels but wasn't sure how long they would last with day to day wear and tear

Can't fault the Claber Reel....had mine over a year now and still like new :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Got mine from Gardiner :thumbsup:.....along with the Claber Reel :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

That claber reel is that the cheap one they do? I was thinking about getting it but thought it was just plastic and will be poop ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always pull my reel out onto the floor, I find the rub from hose on to the vehicle bumpers is just too much damage and having it rub everyday it really left it's marks on my old Nissan primastar , I never solved thus problem and now used to lifting reel in and out

Yeah the hoses can quite easily make a mark on your van.Thanks Neil I've just ordered that mate.

Just a quick one on a different subject ,I turned my pump on today and it seemed like it was struggling to push the water out and it was shaking? It worked ok in the end but what do you think is it a sign that its on its way out it's a shurflo 100psi

Yeah the hoses can quite easily make a mark on your van.Thanks Neil I've just ordered that mate.

Just a quick one on a different subject ,I turned my pump on today and it seemed like it was struggling to push the water out and it was shaking? It worked ok in the end but what do you think is it a sign that its on its way out it's a shurflo 100psi

Could be air is getting into it also, or if it's not been used over xmas I found the water can make its way back (so to speak ( so it needs to draw for longer to kick into normal usage

Joe get yourself this one mate its 6mm and been wicked to work with no probs at all and its high vizm6a7122d1b9bac09c66a791430d22aeac.jpg

Hi Neal

Where did you get you real from and what price are they ,does the whole centre spindle rotate and is the connection with tank hose on a swivel ???

Cheers

I always pull my reel out onto the floor, I find the rub from hose on to the vehicle bumpers is just too much damage and having it rub everyday it really left it's marks on my old Nissan primastar , I never solved thus problem and now used to lifting reel in and out

Try a rubber mat/carpet tile etc over-hanging the bumper......

or one of those hose reel guides will solve that...like these.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-Tools-770264-Hose-Guide/dp/B005DQAYN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420347153&sr=8-1&keywords=hose+guide

Joe get yourself this one mate its 6mm and been wicked to work with no probs at all and its high vizm6a7122d1b9bac09c66a791430d22aeac.jpg

thats what I use my own advice would be the hose connection change to hoslock them metal fitting just dont last, get the gardiners hoslock and the male hoselock for yor pole happy days no leaking connections

thats what I use my own advice would be the hose connection change to hoslock them metal fitting just dont last, get the gardiners hoslock and the male hoselock for yor pole happy days no leaking connections

Your right there duncs these fittings cost me £18 a pop and probably last me around 4 months max

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.