Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Portable gas water heater

Smurf

After my slight oversight killing my old ecotemp L5 heater that froze in my van was just wondering should I get the same one again or something different this time.

What do you use?

One of the local lads near me named Dave Kent from Kent Kleen fitted one of the Anmey 8 litre gas heaters from China about 2 years ago. He has a high roof LWB Renault Master. He had that fitted inside without a roof vent, leaving the back doors open to vent it.

As far as I know its still going strong.

He put up a link to a video he did fitting it. You can search for it on that very big other forum you are also on.

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]
Spruce any chance you could send me a link for that heater :)

How does it wire up to auto switch on when the pump goes on ???

Cheers

There aren't any listed on ebay at the moment - some for silly money.

This is the spec of what you want but you want the LPG/Propane model and not this one which is for natural gas.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TANKLESS-8L-Natural-Gas-INSTANT-HOT-WATER-HEATER-BOILER-STAINLESS-/161101506132?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item258265e654

8l a minute seems to work well. You don't want a 12 lpm unit as the flow we use window cleaning isn't enough to start the boiler.

The boiler has batteries that provide the current to ignite the flame once the flow of water starts - you switch on your wfp pump. When you switch the water off the heater switches off. If you don't want to use hot, then you switch the heater off. Easy.

You need to supply a gas bottle, gas, a gas regulator and gas supply hose. Caravan and camping outlets will have those. A roof vent is also necessary but some chose to vent the van by leaving the doors open. You will need a heat shield if you do this to stop the heat from the exhaust burning the roof paint on your van.

• Like 1

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.