Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Round management - (pen and paper style)

SPCleaning

I know that many of you, almost all of you in fact will be Ambassadors for the various round software packages that are currently available. So for those of you with long memories or the stubborn who refuse to embrace these new fangled automated ideas. Did you come up with a fantastic, never to be beaten method of organising your work?

I have found Index cards to be good, but they aren't compatible with small children if you choose to leave them on the kitchen table to answer the door. You return to home made crumple snow.

It's a new year, a fresh start and I need a great new system so I can hit the ground running as they say.

And a happy and profitable new year to you all.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SPCleaning

• Diwrnach

• Dave B

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excel spreadsheet with name tel number frequency and price

Once cleaned change date column to date of next clean and put x in box if they have paid

Organise spreadsheet by date column low to high and it will give you a sheet in order of what's next and print it weekly for your weeks work

Works for me and not much time used for admin

Example below with a few random custys

• Like 2
I always keep a hard copy of quotes etc just in case technology everyone relies on goes tits up.

I'll always keep a book with all customers details etc on it, and quotes are given off a book that gives a copy underneath as well.

But everything else I will do on Aworka, its cloud based as well as on your PC, so the chances of everything breaking at the same time is pretty slim :)

why why o why do you want to keep to a paper/card system?

Mr Boar Sir, In my last job I was controlled by computers, spent too much of my time sat staring at the screen, so I have tried to avoid getting a software package.

In truth, I think it will have to happen. I may look at doing the excel spreadsheet thing. If I do I would like to get a little computer that I could use without connecting to the internet. Net Book? Note Book? not sure of the difference but I am thinking I could take it with me in the van maybe?

Guest boarcity
Mr Boar Sir, In my last job I was controlled by computers, spent too much of my time sat staring at the screen, so I have tried to avoid getting a software package.

In truth, I think it will have to happen. I may look at doing the excel spreadsheet thing. If I do I would like to get a little computer that I could use without connecting to the internet. Net Book? Note Book? not sure of the difference but I am thinking I could take it with me in the van maybe?

i started off with a paper diary , then made a flip over card system. i couldnt get it to work right once the workload ramped up. i now use George system and havnt regretted it ,

a while back i found my flip over card system when clearing out my bedroom,it was laughable ,designed by a numpty!

this is my main problem records, mainly just taking notes in large diary, recording areas and new jobs and prices.must must get new system up and running for new year taking note of who has not paid is problem also

this is mainly down to the round getting bigger

this is my main problem records, mainly just taking notes in large diary, recording areas and new jobs and prices.must must get new system up and running for new year taking note of who has not paid is problem also

this is mainly down to the round getting bigger

That's one of the reasons I will be upgrading to Aworka soon, to track payments more than anything else.

Pen and paper for me all day. Don't wanna work then have to sit on a computer every night seeing who's paid and who hasn't. Who's next and so on.

Each day is written in a book that list of customers. The page is numbered and that number is put in diary. Come end of day when that days finished I go 6 weeks on in the diary and Mark the number in. So easy. Takes a minute. No having to sit at a computer for me.

Pen and paper for me all day. Don't wanna work then have to sit on a computer every night seeing who's paid and who hasn't. Who's next and so on.

Each day is written in a book that list of customers. The page is numbered and that number is put in diary. Come end of day when that days finished I go 6 weeks on in the diary and Mark the number in. So easy. Takes a minute. No having to sit at a computer for me.

With Aworka you click a button after each clean, the click synq when you get home if you want it on your PC, its 100 times faster than writing it down.

Guest boarcity

i only look at George once a week,on a sunday eve is when i update it. i absolutely hate doing it, leaving it till 9 at night cos jus cant face it.

when iv finally done the update of my round ,takes an hour or two with a beer in between , and am ready to print off the worksheet for the week ahead ,then i find the fookin printers not printin right cos somebodys been printin dozens of glossy fotos of the dog and dudded the ink heads once more - i really go to pieces i kid u not .

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.