Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What am i missing?

sambo

Hi guys

I've been lurking in the background for some time working out what I need to start out in WFP cleaning and was wondering if I could get some last bits of advice?

Planning on Windows/gutters/fascias/jet washing.

I have set up my ro/di system in my cellar and have a van tank with all the gear that is obvious but was wondering what people carry around on their vans day to day that they use.

Also What chemicals if any do people carry on their vans? What are they for and what's your favourite way of applying it?

What brush do people tend to use for fascias/cladding? I take it they wouldn't use it on windows too?

Cheers

I carry Virosol, cream cleaner and solvent cleaner. I use a sill brush with fan jets in it for fascias etc. I use a pump up sprayer with diluted Virosol in it that I've modified so I can reach up to gutter level easily.

I carry Virosol, cream cleaner and solvent cleaner. I use a sill brush with fan jets in it for fascias etc. I use a pump up sprayer with diluted Virosol in it that I've modified so I can reach up to gutter level easily.
Do you clean with the virosol from ground level then? No ladders used?

Do you clean with the virosol from ground level then? No ladders used?
I can use from the ground, yes. I take ladders wherever I go anyway, so if they're needed, they're on the roof of the van. I always take step ladders for conny roof jobs, it's a lot easier to do a roof with them if access is tight.

I can use from the ground, yes. I take ladders wherever I go anyway, so if they're needed, they're on the roof of the van. I always take step ladders for conny roof jobs, it's a lot easier to do a roof with them if access is tight.
How have you modified your pump spray Tuffers....is it fixed to a pole,

Yes Shiny. I use an old pole. I glued part of the wand from the sprayer to a resi neck with resin. Added a straight JG fitting to the other end of the wand. Then got about 25' of pole hose with JG barbed connector to slide into the JG straight. I then added an in-line tap and added a further 10' or so of pole hose that connects to the bottle. It works a treat! :thumbsup:

cheers Tuffers I ve often thought its a pity I can't reach Facias with a pump spray, especially on the real minger's ....I shall definitely be giving it a go. If you get chance anytime to post a few pics would appreciate it

That's a good plan. I had wondered if you could rig a pressure sprayer up to fan jets in a brush used for fascias etc to use chemicals so looks like its a good idea.

cheers Tuffers I ve often thought its a pity I can't reach Facias with a pump spray, especially on the real minger's ....I shall definitely be giving it a go. If you get chance anytime to post a few pics would appreciate it
It's in my van. Hang on I'll get some pics....

01677A02-C923-4A7F-89EE-D8A2226FC007_zpsl64w0i3w.jpg

E8BC9BB1-11CB-4C46-8E57-5FA5AC90A750_zpsx231wvdc.jpg

F593A8AE-1F30-4236-ABAC-3D228753E85D_zpsoyvf1jq5.jpg

Hope you can see what I've done here. The barbed JG fitting was used as a joint to the bottle and not to the straight JG as the pu hose doesn't slip out of a JG straight easily. I also used a bit of foam glued to the inside of the resi neck to keep the wand and nozzle from moving about, resin was used to glue it in place.

nice one Tuffers...it looks straight forward enough...will get some hose and fittings ordered next week and give it ago, it must make it easier on the scrubbing if you can give a good soaking first with virosol ect

nice one Tuffers...it looks straight forward enough...will get some hose and fittings ordered next week and give it ago, it must make it easier on the scrubbing if you can give a good soaking first with virosol ect
Also makes getting in the fiddly bits on the finial easy too :thumbsup:. Got a conny roof tomorrow that is really green on the finial, will take before and after pics if I remember.

Shiny

Most 5 LTR sprayers will reach gutters ect on a first storey house from the ground. Adjust nozzle to a jet.

Ok in the wind if strong and 2nd & 3rd storeys they will not but until you have made the pole lance it will work really well

guess you could use that set up and adapt it as a sort of home made dragonfly internal cleaner . fill bottle with pure water attach thru pole with micro fibre pad . Always looking for diy ways of doing stuff !

guess you could use that set up and adapt it as a sort of home made dragonfly internal cleaner . fill bottle with pure water attach thru pole with micro fibre pad . Always looking for diy ways of doing stuff !
That's what I made it for in the first place. I did a thread on how to make your own internal cleaning kit a while back.

Latest Posts

Back