Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Windies to the south.... thousands of em!

TolishAPurd

First day back to work today, nearly didnt bother as I was up late but got out in the end. Did anyone notice how many other windies were about today? It was like a scene out of Zulu, we were all tripping over each other here, it was a bit embarrassing. Even a customer mentioned it.

zulus.jpg

Sometimes I just wish we could all get together and swap a load of customers. I'm sure some travel from the furthest reaches of my areas, it would be great to off load my distant ones, and get a load on my doorstep. Come the spring I'm doing a flyby night flyer drop to see if I can find any disgruntled customers.

I find people that you live next to want loads done for nowt . I can make more money working away ... Mind I don't travel very far . 25 miles is my max until a biggy comes in

I will travel for a big gutter or handyman job but strictly local 4 mile radius for windows

That even gets me in to local villages as i live on the outskirts of town

i absolutley love that film [zulu]

its got all the characters of everyday life in it

Everytime i clean some of the roads near where i live i seem to see a new window cleaner, new in the sense that ive not seen them before, i was chatting to the one chap "Alan" and he said he lives in walsall! Which is bloody miles away, not only that but he charges £3 less than i do, crazy, u wont catch me driving more than 1-2 miles, no need. I am fortunate to live by some massive modern fairly wealthy housing estates though.

I think my little town must have 10plus windies....only holds about 30000 people lol. and some travel 10/15 miles to get here, I don't clean in there down and don't want them cleaning in mine hahah.....When I pick up customers I always make it clear I live local and that I believe in using local businesses.

I pick up loads of work because ppl prefer to deal with someone local they can trust than an outsider so to speak./emoticons/smile.png

I think my little town must have 10plus windies....only holds about 30000 people lol. and some travel 10/15 miles to get here, I don't clean in there down and don't want them cleaning in mine hahah.....When I pick up customers I always make it clear I live local and that I believe in using local businesses.

Everytime i clean some of the roads near where i live i seem to see a new window cleaner, new in the sense that ive not seen them before, i was chatting to the one chap "Alan" and he said he lives in walsall! Which is bloody miles away, not only that but he charges £3 less than i do, crazy, u wont catch me driving more than 1-2 miles, no need. I am fortunate to live by some massive modern fairly wealthy housing estates though.
I'm originally from Walsall, there's hundreds of Windies there, all stomping the same ground so my brother tells me

Don't matter how many there are

When you are the best in town you get all the work

I agree, my bro has just under 400 custys within Rushall and Walsall, all done trad.

There's plenty of batterers there too, he don't bother with them, not even when they ask him lol

Most of my work is from word of mouth and recommendations so being the best (not big headed just fact lol) is what gets me work

Shoddy work = no work

My bro got a load of his from Facebook, but majority is word of mouth.

I've had to turn down a few jobs due to my collarbone and not having full movement in my arm. Found out yesterday that I get the plate and pins removed on Valentine's day. Well chuffed as it gets me out of an expensive night out with the better half. Trouble is though, she's out wedding dress shopping at the minute, I can hear my debit card crying from here.

Well on the pocket as i try to avoid using cards

Cash business is a good thing

Not bad to be fair, she just came back and chose a dress in the sale, got a £3,000 dress for £1,300

But now she thinks she has extra to spend.

Back