Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The mind boggles

Smurf

Hmm I wonder why the gutters overflow.

What’s the betting both downspouts are blocked in one of those bends too?

Both downspouts happen to be inaccessible safely by ladder. The garage roof is fragile old asbestos that is started to crack so not a great idea to go walking up there even using planks. Downspout on the back is also impossible to get to as the conservatory is in the way. Oh and they also want the whites cleaned after the gutters & downspouts have been checked, cleared and water tested to make sure there are no leaks and works as it should.

What do you think...? Apart from do a runner.

View attachment 3511

My youngest sons mate has just started up as a handy man so he done what he could all by hand bless him. As I'm a really nice bloke at hart so as a favour I finished it off for him for free today as you do just to show him how the old pros do it. :cool:

Welcome back @cheapncheerful :thumbsup:

You know me as I never do anything free without a good reason. I think I have a little friend for life now that so happens to be a very handy handy man to know /emoticons/smile.png

er not so sure about the free business.....do this. do that. fix this. fix that and load. unload the dishwasher....whats free....

and so the wife cuddled up to cheapie on xmas day ....a spot of xmas tuffering in mind....on goes the light in walks two of the kids....has he been they asked?....no come back in a minute i felt like saying....

as the kids have the bedrooms we sleep downstairs on a sofa bed...and you would expect the kids to be down early on xmas day ....but...

the youngest is home from uni and nineteen, it was only half past eight...bloomin xmas....:rolleyes:

Was the kids singing that rude santa song when they caught you at it /emoticons/biggrin.png

er not so sure about the free business.....do this. do that. fix this. fix that and load. unload the dishwasher....whats free....
and so the wife cuddled up to cheapie on xmas day ....a spot of xmas tuffering in mind....on goes the light in walks two of the kids....has he been they asked?....no come back in a minute i felt like saying....

as the kids have the bedrooms we sleep downstairs on a sofa bed...and you would expect the kids to be down early on xmas day ....but...

the youngest is home from uni and nineteen, it was only half past eight...bloomin xmas....:rolleyes:

didnt quite catch us as its an L shaped room and i saw the hall light come on,and the thought was just crossing my mind but i mean if they had just left it a minute longer../emoticons/biggrin.png....it would have course been all over....

er it wouldnt have been the first time we would have been caught:rolleyes:well in the olden days with a bit of drink inside....ooops..

not to mention that tents apparently only have very thin walls......and kids that go off somewhere sometimes come back because they have forgotton something..bless shes 23 now but likes to remind us at times....

to quickly get back on post i was impressed with the work the sweep did i could eat my dinner off that...

Thats a different thread fred:D

didnt quite catch us as its an L shaped room and i saw the hall light come on,and the thought was just crossing my mind but i mean if they had just left it a minute longer../emoticons/biggrin.png....it would have course been all over....
er it wouldnt have been the first time we would have been caught:rolleyes:well in the olden days with a bit of drink inside....ooops..

not to mention that tents apparently only have very thin walls......and kids that go off somewhere sometimes come back because they have forgotton something..bless shes 23 now but likes to remind us at times....

to quickly get back on post i was impressed with the work the sweep did i could eat my dinner off that...

To be honest I was gutted santa did not bring me the full carbon gutter poles I asked for as was a real pig to vac that side guttering.

yep must pay attention in class mr smurf:D

there always next xmas if your a good boy.....i was just made up with my £20 chromecast so i could watch anything on the tv now...best pressie a tv addict like me could ask for...

now i wonder what would look good on the the big screen....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:when the wife isnt about....

I had to use 5 scections of guttervac pole to reach inside the guttering on that one were I would normaly just use 3 sections on a 2 storey house. :rolleyes:

View attachment 3512

I could have used a progutter tool by ladder but would have blocked the downspout up again trying. Then would have been a pig to clear if any broken mortar had gone down into the bends.

I had to use 5 scections of guttervac pole to reach inside the guttering on that one were I would normaly just use 3 sections on a 2 storey house. :rolleyes:
View attachment 5523

I could have used a progutter tool by ladder but would have blocked the downspout up again trying. Then would have been a pig to clear if any broken mortar had gone down into the bends.
I think I'd have used a pro gutter on that side. The angle of the poles looks like a back breaker :eek:, plus you wouldn't have been far from the down pipe and could have got a hose pipe and blast down it? How did you get to the gutter behind the safety netting Smurf?

The boards on the tiles above the conservatory you mean by netting?

They were very close to the opening of the guttering so was a bit of a pig to do by guttervac but managed ok by using a thinner nozzle. Again I could have used ladders and progutter tool but was full of stinking sludge. Also I could not be arsed to get the ladders of the van.

The boards on the tiles above the conservatory you mean by netting?They were very close to the opening of the guttering so was a bit of a pig to do by guttervac but managed ok by using a thinner nozzle. Again I could have used ladders and progutter tool but was full of stinking sludge. Also I could not be arsed to get the ladders of the van.
Yes above conservatory. I guess you set your poles up to the far right to get over the lean to.

Gutter above the conservatory I worked from front of the conservatory as was easy to do it that way after doing as much as I could standing by the back door first.

Could you use a borescope to check the downpipe smurf? To test the flow, if your on your own, do you set a hose up and watch, or use a camera, or am I over thinking it and there's an obvious way? That house looks really tricky!

Latest Posts

Back