Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain and working

Sinbad

How are you lads all the best for 2015 by the way.

It's my 1st day back today after the Xmas break (had a virus from 1st on lasted till yesterday) anyway I should have done a couple of contracts in between Xmas/New Year 2 hotels (hotel same family) and a block of flats so as of now im late......

I come out the door this morning bouncing and eager to get on with it and low and behold it's persisting down.

I haven't actually ever done any of them in the pouring rain .

The flats is a maybe but one of the hotels is right on the seafront so maybe a no-go...

What do you lot reckon and how do you get on with rain etc...

As a side note the rest of the week is more or less the same in fact storm force winds later in week!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to work in all weathers as long as it's not below freezing, too windy. thundering & lighning etc. Light rain is ok to but I draw the line when it's peeing it down.

Same as smurf, I don't mind a little rain, but if its too heavy or if its coming in sideways then I leave it.

Managed to get the flats done,maybe good it rained TBH

I bought a new 100psi shurflo pump and controller over xmas and it started leaking..

Fixed the leak but the pressure is deffo not what it should be battery fully charged can't find any leaks anywhere else.

See how I go tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies lads any advice on the pressure

So how do most customers take to having the windows cleaned if its raining? I said to myself and a few customers that the only time I wont clean is if its raining at all or if its to windy? I know I wouldn't appreciate my windows being cleaned in the rain? I know it can rain 5mins after being cleaned but I just doesn't feel right to me from a customer service point of view to carry out cleans in the rain? Whats your boys experience regarding this and customer feedback? :think:

I clean in rain

Not an issue as rain is pure water

As long as the window isn't in a position to get splashback from a patio etc it is not a problem

My custys have all been told i work in the rain when i first quote them

if I start a job it would have to be a bloomin lot of rain to stop me...but..

I never set out if its raining as I have too many other jobs to do..

tomorrow looks very dodgy but sorry...I have too much work to do and only four days in which to do it..so..it will get done../emoticons/biggrin.png

especially as after three dodgy weeks it looks like cheapie is at last better...so Im not off to the knackers yard yet..well..just yet..

if I start a job it would have to be a bloomin lot of rain to stop me...but..I never set out if its raining as I have too many other jobs to do..

tomorrow looks very dodgy but sorry...I have too much work to do and only four days in which to do it..so..it will get done../emoticons/biggrin.png

especially as after three dodgy weeks it looks like cheapie is at last better...so Im not off to the knackers yard yet..well..just yet..
Agreed, Ill finish a job if it starts raining mid clean, im just a bit twitchy about starting in the rain even drizzle! mainly because I have had the odd customer telling me at the time when Im quoting that the would not want them done if its raining?

Just crack on

Most people just feel sorry for us in rain

If they really don't want it doing tell them you will have to leave it till next time ( 6 weeks in my case) then they just have it done anyway

Back