Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Finally on the darkside and got a wfp set up....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scottie

Hi all,

I got myself a entry level set up, the facelift big boy package but got a pole 25ft with exention, facelift phoenix EDGE carbon pole. Its really good.

I just wondering if anyone recommends through experience a stop/start valve thing on the hose that clamps to the pole so I can turn the wter off easy and on when I want, or a trigger one where you press down for water.

Anyone have good veiws on any of them and if any are to miss at all costs?

Going to get used to the set up and trying to find the best vids online to watch so any recommendations welcome. WFP - I was a little suspect about but well after much thought and no having it, its just awsome and can see why people bang on about it. NEXT need more customers and build hopefully to a van mount set up, thas dreams but hey somthing to strive to.

Cheers to everyone whom gave me some advice on crossing over to WFP, glad I listened, now I just have to put my mind into using the set up in the right way and doing he windows the right way. One thing I do notice online so mnay videos with conflicting views on how WFP should be used and how to brush and rinse, you wonder whom is correct, so far I just followed my instincts on what I feel is the right way and a logical approach.

Cheers, Scottie:)

The one thing I learned early on, really concentrate on the top edge of the glass first off, especially the top right and top left corners, it seems those are the spots that will get missed if you miss anything, the rest of the glass is really easy, quick up and down and its done, then rinse it well, I rinse with the brush off the glass with the brush as close as I can get it to the glass without touching it, some rinse with the brush on the glass but I haven't done it that way yet.

Good luck, its pretty straight forward /emoticons/smile.png

Have moved over as well hybrid though tops wfp with 35/40 litre trolley will get more gear as the year progress's

Not telling any customers of change in way there being done have cleaned for over thirty years so they all trust me if they don't I will baffle them with grobbbly dae goook lol that science part

I just got a on off tap off eBay which you can connect to your hose. It's just a simple push fit one. I just keep it in my hand & turn it on & off when needed. Think it cost about £6-7.

Hi all,
I got myself a entry level set up, the facelift big boy package but got a pole 25ft with exention, facelift phoenix EDGE carbon pole. Its really good.

I just wondering if anyone recommends through experience a stop/start valve thing on the hose that clamps to the pole so I can turn the wter off easy and on when I want, or a trigger one where you press down for water.

Anyone have good veiws on any of them and if any are to miss at all costs?

Going to get used to the set up and trying to find the best vids online to watch so any recommendations welcome. WFP - I was a little suspect about but well after much thought and no having it, its just awsome and can see why people bang on about it. NEXT need more customers and build hopefully to a van mount set up, thas dreams but hey somthing to strive to.

Cheers to everyone whom gave me some advice on crossing over to WFP, glad I listened, now I just have to put my mind into using the set up in the right way and doing he windows the right way. One thing I do notice online so mnay videos with conflicting views on how WFP should be used and how to brush and rinse, you wonder whom is correct, so far I just followed my instincts on what I feel is the right way and a logical approach.

Cheers, Scottie:)
just check your windows scottie try your best you canny go wrong

dont look to hard into it,check your water readings TDS HAYHO you have cracked it

same tap as mine posh, but this one on my pole hose, sick of my hose getting pulled out when i get it stuck,

i have a major tap on my reel hose , ive fitted the tap i used to have on my old wcw backpack,, it was leaking when i put it onto my 8mm reel hose when i set-up van mount. it is for 6mm hose, my reel hose is 8mm, i have cut a piece of 6mm pole hose to the same size of the tap barb on tap, put it into boiling water, pushed onto 6mm barb on tap, then pushed it into the 8mm reel hose. tightened a hose clip , solid no more leaks.

someone on here gave me the idea.

Have moved over as well hybrid though tops wfp with 35/40 litre trolley will get more gear as the year progress'sNot telling any customers of change in way there being done have cleaned for over thirty years so they all trust me if they don't I will baffle them with grobbbly dae goook lol that science part
@Scots lad. It might be a good idea to print off a few leaflets explaining the process, and keep them on you to give them if your customers ask a lot of questions. Here's what I had written down.......

Dear Customer,

Your windows have been cleaned today using Water Fed Pole system, which will soon be the standard in window cleaning industry. I decided to invest in this technology which involves the use of telescopic poles and 100% pure water, which I filter through a Reverse Osmosis system and a Deionization vessel.

I am embracing this technology for a number of reasons:

1) Better cleaning results. The major advantage of pure water is its desire to return to its impure state; hence its capacity to absorb large amounts of dirt from your windows. This process involves brushing your windows and rinse with pure water. As such they will be left wet and will need time to dry naturally. This may be a bit disconcerting at first, as obviously this is not what my customers are used to. But don’t worry. Windows cleaned with purified water must dry naturally and there will be no spots, streaks or smears.

2) Health and safety. Legislation of Health&Safety limits the use of ladders as temporary workstations. The law now states that ladders can only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered, and now water fed pole systems are seen as a safer alternative and I don’t want to be held liable to prosecution for accidents to customers. Accidents do happen.

If I can do my job to a high standard whilst standing on the ground why not do it. Although ladders will not be completely forgotten are the last options for my work now.

3) Environmental friendly. Pure water only is used, eliminating the need for detergents and chemicals.

4) Increased privacy. No more odd faces peering through your upstairs windows. No more embarrassing moments.

5) As a result of absence of any detergent in purified water I may perform my service even if it is raining. Rain mixed with pure water I use for cleaning, does NOT leave any smudges or spots. That’s only me who gets wet 

Additional Benefits.

6) As your windows will be brushed, your frames will be cleaned at the same time. Consequently, you get windows and frames cleaned at the same time.

7) I can now reach with ease previously inaccessible aspects of your property.

9) Additionally; I can clean now other aspects of your property. Frames, guttering, fascias, garage doors etc. Feel free to ask if this service is of any use to you.

Please note that over the space of two or three visits the process will `leach` all deposits from around the frames, resulting in an improved finish each time, until ultimately the finish will effectively be sterile. Please be patient if the initial visit is not perfect, as I have been forewarned by my suppliers that two or three visits can be necessary for maximum effect.

After two initial times of cleaning with WFP I hope to be leaving sparkling, spotless windows.

I hope this has covered everything. That’s it. lots of increased benefits. My aim continues to give a high level service. Please feel free to phone or discuss any part of the above or indeed any other aspect of my service. If you have any concerns about this new way of cleaning your windows please let me know and I will endeavour to alleviate your concerns.

Yours Thankfully,

@Scots lad. It might be a good idea to print off a few leaflets explaining the process, and keep them on you to give them if your customers ask a lot of questions. Here's what I had written down.......
Dear Customer,

Your windows have been cleaned today using Water Fed Pole system, which will soon be the standard in window cleaning industry. I decided to invest in this technology which involves the use of telescopic poles and 100% pure water, which I filter through a Reverse Osmosis system and a Deionization vessel.

1) Better cleaning results. The major advantage of pure water is its desire to return to its impure state; hence its capacity to absorb large amounts of dirt from your windows. This process involves brushing your windows and rinse with pure water. As such they will be left wet and will need time to dry naturally. This may be a bit disconcerting at first, as obviously this is not what my customers are used to. But don’t worry. Windows cleaned with purified water must dry naturally and there will be no spots, streaks or smears.

2) Health and safety. Legislation of Health&Safety limits the use of ladders as temporary workstations. The law now states that ladders can only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered, and now water fed pole systems are seen as a safer alternative and I don’t want to be held liable to prosecution for accidents to customers. Accidents do happen.

If I can do my job to a high standard whilst standing on the ground why not do it. Although ladders will not be completely forgotten are the last options for my work now.

3) Environmental friendly. Pure water only is used, eliminating the need for detergents and chemicals.

4) Increased privacy. No more odd faces peering through your upstairs windows. No more embarrassing moments.

5) As a result of absence of any detergent in purified water I may perform my service even if it is raining. Rain mixed with pure water I use for cleaning, does NOT leave any smudges or spots. That’s only me who gets wet 

Additional Benefits.

6) As your windows will be brushed, your frames will be cleaned at the same time. Consequently, you get windows and frames cleaned at the same time.

9) Additionally; I can clean now other aspects of your property. Frames, guttering, fascias, garage doors etc. Feel free to ask if this service is of any use to you.

Please note that over the space of two or three visits the process will `leach` all deposits from around the frames, resulting in an improved finish each time, until ultimately the finish will effectively be sterile. Please be patient if the initial visit is not perfect, as I have been forewarned by my suppliers that two or three visits can be necessary for maximum effect.

After two initial times of cleaning with WFP I hope to be leaving sparkling, spotless windows.

I hope this has covered everything. That’s it. lots of increased benefits. My aim continues to give a high level service. Please feel free to phone or discuss any part of the above or indeed any other aspect of my service. If you have any concerns about this new way of cleaning your windows please let me know and I will endeavour to alleviate your concerns.

Yours Thankfully,

Dear Customer,

Additional Benefits.

Yours Thankfully,

Can I steal this? /emoticons/smile.png

Course you can mate. Probs just tweak it to suit you, like I did :thumbsup:
Cheers mate, and yeah will tweak a few bits /emoticons/smile.png

Just thinking of sticking it on my facebook page and website.

i hope to have van ready for weekend, ive just fitted a good thick kitchen lino onto floor, with a lift on the sides incase of any water spilliages, pole holders fitted, takes them off floor, just need to connect hoses up , check for leeks. then ready to go. hopefully no issues

Fantastic replies. I like the pure freedom valve. Under £20 is good, as I dot want water dripping all over. One thign worries me when the water is off, does it impact a back pack or the hose links as the water is shut off but still pumped, or is there no issues? Looks easy to set up too, just cut the hose and push on each side and thats it. Just a quater turn and water off, perfect!!! Will save a few liters that.

While I am here, can i ask how many liters do you use on a average size and average dirty windows on a 3 BEDROOM say with 10 windows inc door glass. Some figures I seen are 20 liters? I really a spending this weekend finding as much info on WFP and vids on set up and use etc.....Loving it!!! Those hard to get to house windows now I can flyer and door knock:)

I wouldn't bother with a valve with a trolley/back pack, just turn it on/off.

The way I do it is position the back pack/trolley where I can reach the whole side of the house (assuming a standard sized 3 bed) extend the pole, prop the pole up, reach down and turn it on, wash the tops, turn it off, shorten pole for bottoms, turn it on and do bottoms.

Valve I would say is for van mounts etc where you can't easily turn them on/off.

Yeah I could position it well and reach down. I just dont want to waste the pure really as do you need to have the water coming out non stop all the time when cleaning the window, I would stop it and scrub and then turn on again and just be faster with a valve to turn it off and have less water all over place. I worked it out on my phoenix, I want it just a little way up and a quick half turn and its stopped. say if some one talks to you or a passer by if on a street walks by. Just a handy option and I think I have that bug to buy better parts and gagets. That reminds me I need to get some spares in. I was wondering whats the best hoselock to use, I think the plastic one I have may not last, prefer a metal one or better one.

Yeah I could position it well and reach down. I just dont want to waste the pure really as do you need to have the water coming out non stop all the time when cleaning the window, I would stop it and scrub and then turn on again and just be faster with a valve to turn it off and have less water all over place. I worked it out on my phoenix, I want it just a little way up and a quick half turn and its stopped. say if some one talks to you or a passer by if on a street walks by. Just a handy option and I think I have that bug to buy better parts and gagets. That reminds me I need to get some spares in. I was wondering whats the best hoselock to use, I think the plastic one I have may not last, prefer a metal one or better one.
Just kink the hose to stop the flow.

Same for me I have a trolley set up but would be easier to get a tap fitted because would save a lot of pure water in between windows . I've looked at the pure freedom has anyone used it?

Hi, I think the purefreedom is good, but the unger hiflo is great, it seems it just pinches the hose and is a great little bit of kit looking at it, seems easy to set up and use, just push and pull, seems to easy.

Think I will get this....

Back