Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fixing hose reel to inner van roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

ive heard some chaps have fixed there reel, / reels onto the inner roof structure in there van, does or has anyone done this, what are the results, it would free up floor space, if anyone can attach some pic set-up id apreciate it.

ive never thought about this method. maybe a couple of strong iron hooks, hook reel up, bobs your uncle.there wont be any hose on the floor either, going up into roof girders. ill have a look tomorrow. i hope to have full set-up ready again for weekend.

any views on this

A lot will depend on how high the inside of the roof is.

I tried it temporarily and found the reeling-in action above my head a bit awkward....too high for me.

In the end, I found having the reel between waist and chest height made for the most comfortable reeling-in action.

I made a shelf for my reel just above waist height....perfect for me.

If it's floor space you want, you could make this 'shelf' the width of the van AND extend it length-ways to the water tank....this would give you double the floor space

I keep my poles up in the roof space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back