Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Firework damage

Smurf

My wife has pointed out that we now have two holes about the size of a 5p in the outer skin our one of our polycarbonate roof panels. The evidence points to the firework sticks and bits of rockets in our back garden. I did wonder what the noise was on the conservatory roof new years eve and now I know.

I'm just wondering now how widespread and common firework rocket damage is?

:rolleyes:

The litter from a firework show doesn't seem that damaging. I stood the the path of all the falling debris on bonfire night, I got splattered with particles but nothing big. Then again, the big bits would have been landing much closer to the launch site.

Roof panel repair business opportunity ;-). How much can you charge your wife smurf?

It seems the falling sticks hitting the roof has caused the damage but they have not penetrated it fully. I guess because the poly roof panels is made up of chambers so acts a bit like a tank chobham armor.:rolleyes:

I did a conny roof recently and there were holes all over it, about the size of a 10p piece. The owner was aware of them and blamed magpies for pecking at it :confused:

Mind you come to think of it they do get dead things trapped in the cells /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back