Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slow ro system

A

abs

My ro is totally take the pi** slow and I'm only just managing with it.

I was thinking about buying a 11 ltr di vessel and when needed connecting it to my tap and filling my containers, does anyone know with my tds averaging 360 how much water on average would I get ? Would it be worth it as just a back up to my ro

What RO are you using and what is your water pressure?

Your reading is about the same as mine. I first started off using DI and stopped in a week. An 11litre vessel will fill 700litres max before it will need replacing. So if you are using a 350 litre tank per week expect to pay about 75 per week on Tulsion 115 resin.

What RO are you using and what is your water pressure?Your reading is about the same as mine. I first started off using DI and stopped in a week. An 11litre vessel will fill 700litres max before it will need replacing. So if you are using a 350 litre tank per week expect to pay about 75 per week on Tulsion 115 resin.
Hi, it's only a 100 gallon a day not sure of the pressure but sure it's lower than the recommended 60 psi ,I'll forget the di vessel idea then lol, I may add another membrane see if that speeds things up a little

hi abs i only have the 100gpd but...with the booster pump...i have noticed its output has slowed down a lot of late...i used to fill my 25 litre barrels in 1,25 hour and now its more like 1,40...i assume that this is due to the pre filter clogging up and reducing pressure or suppose it could be my imagination...i will eventually get around to changing them and see what happens..../emoticons/biggrin.png

hi abs i only have the 100gpd but...with the booster pump...i have noticed its output has slowed down a lot of late...i used to fill my 25 litre barrels in 1,25 hour and now its more like 1,40...i assume that this is due to the pre filter clogging up and reducing pressure or suppose it could be my imagination...i will eventually get around to changing them and see what happens..../emoticons/biggrin.png
Hey m8, wow your lucky it takes over 3 hours for me to fill a 25ltr tub , it's do in me nut in , I may try the booster pump , but I'm put of a little because of the noise , how noisy is yours cnc ?

Abs I think you need a bigger gpd. I'm using a 200gpd , makes me enough at the minute ,,, I may be upgrading to 450 gpd once the membranes stop working

Abs I think you need a bigger gpd. I'm using a 200gpd , makes me enough at the minute ,,, I may be upgrading to 450 gpd once the membranes stop working
I agree m8, I may add another membrane first just to see if that speeds things up , the waist on this is huge and not good if on a meter like me

I have a purefreedom 450gpd set up, 3x prefilters 3x 150gpd membrans and a small (1ltr I think) DI vessel. I have a 400ltr tank in the van and it takes roughly 14-16 hours to fill from empty.

Hey m8, wow your lucky it takes over 3 hours for me to fill a 25ltr tub , it's do in me nut in , I may try the booster pump , but I'm put of a little because of the noise , how noisy is yours cnc ?

it is a bit noisy and but not too bad a sort of humming but as mine is out in the extension not a problem for me...my only problem is remembering to set the cooker timer to 1 hour 40...at that time it may not be completely full but near enough as i do have to lift them...no floods for a bit thankfullly....

i am planning to get a proper tank with a cut off as soon as i re do the extension the floor is not level at present...i think you could live with the noise../emoticons/biggrin.png

If you haven't changed the pre filters and membranes for a few years could this slow down things down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said many times small ro's are a total waste of time for wfp window cleaning especially if you are on a water meter. I just don't understand why cleaners keep buying them then post on here they are very slow. :confused:

As an example a 4021 RO runs on average 144 litres an hour and a 4040 RO is even quicker. So if you had one would take you less than 3 hours to fill a 400 litre tank instead of having your water running for 14-16 hours:rolleyes:

[media]

I've said many times small ro's are a total waste of time for wfp window cleaning especially if you are on a water meter. I just don't understand why cleaners keep buying them then post on here they are very slow. :confused:
Maybe its all we can afford when first starting outo_O my ro that came with my van is small and takes an age to fill, but with regards to it wasting more water I think is all relivent, the system I used to use with the firm I work for was a brodex 40/40 and yes it filled a lot quicker but the waste also ran a lot quicker?

You will have no choice when you start to use more pure as your van will be off the road too long whilst the tank is filling.

I have this RO and it chucks out loads more waste than pure, my tap pressure going through is 60 and takes 5hrs to fill 500ltr tank, are there and RO's that will fill quicker with less waste? Or is it all down to the tap pressure?

b59ac3e68d6af773ffcf7a33f05a444b.jpg

Yea I know /emoticons/smile.png but first things first Rome wasn't built in a day and nor will my round be lol:thumbsup: I've just spent a a shead load on the van, poles etc.

Merlin RO's have always been shite for waste Neil so nothing new there.

I have this RO and it chucks out loads more waste than pure, my tap pressure going through is 60 and takes 5hrs to fill 500ltr tank, are there and RO's that will fill quicker with less waste? Or is it all down to the tap pressure?

b59ac3e68d6af773ffcf7a33f05a444b.jpg

Back