Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook advertising

Alpha

hi all. How do any of you that use Facebook, set up a page to advertise your service. Does it have to be a page created through your existing personal profile as that's tge only way I can see to do it and wasn't sure if that's the best way.

Thanks

I create a page from my profile like you said

Then I invite all friends to like it and get them to pass it on

Then i search for all local business groups and swap and sell sites and post my link on each daily with a little description

Gets a few jobs at first then it slows down but keep posting and i get a couple a week still after 5 months

Cheers davesboy that helps a lot. Do you find the work you get through fb substantial ie. The customers stay with you and don't just cancel after a few cleans?

once uv got the page up n running spend time searching for local people / businesses in your work area . add them as friends, then when u post updates on your business page they will see it and might go with you.

dont add as a friend alifrickinbaba ,you wont ever get him spending with you

now and then i do the paid FB advertising,always with good results. i believe if you could afford it, an ongoing paid facebook advert would lead to a massive round

I have been lucky and only got 1 proper messer out of all my facebook work

Maybe as they are either friends of people on these business pages actively looking for a windie rather than me knocking their door on the off chance

youv got to accept theres messers everywhere . i had a FB messer who booked me but when i turned up wouldnt answer door, hoping id clean no doubt and go away to be paid later

i saw her flittin from room to room ,hiding.

youv got to accept theres messers everywhere . i had a FB messer who booked me but when i turned up wouldnt answer door, hoping id clean no doubt and go away to be paid lateri saw her flittin from room to room ,hiding.
Did you shout "open up you ugly cnut!!" through the letter box?/emoticons/biggrin.png

I have 2 new cleans to do today as it was a bit windy yesterday and 1 is from facebook

They just slowly trickle in which is fine by me

If you do that facebook will shut it down eventually

They just did it to whizzbizz mark

Add it as a business page to your personal profile and that is ok

I create a page from my profile like you saidThen I invite all friends to like it and get them to pass it on

Then i search for all local business groups and swap and sell sites and post my link on each daily with a little description

Gets a few jobs at first then it slows down but keep posting and i get a couple a week still after 5 months
how can You create a facebook page from your profile and how you get friends to pass it on?and how to swap ans sell sites?I hate facebook that is why I do not know how to use it....

now and then i do the paid FB advertising,always with good results. i believe if you could afford it, an ongoing paid facebook advert would lead to a massive round
We have also done this, first time we got 4 customers in 2 days, next time all we were getting were 'likes' from Tanzania, Romania etc with them telling us to 'like their page and they would get us 40 likes in return' was a load of S***e second time round and cost us £40 for the privilege

^ 40, woo that quite a big spend. its a pity it didnt bring in a result. iv found that iv gotta get the ad to come out on a sunny day, so folk look up from the lappy and see the dreadful windows ,only then will they follow thru and book .

i only run FB ads at weekends on about a 4 quid per day budget

and i always run if its a bank holiday where theyre sittin bored at home. i usually put a special deal on my website at bank holiday time and link a facebook ad to it.

Last edited:
i only run FB ads at weekends on about a 4 quid per day budget

and i always run if its a bank holiday where theyre sittin bored at home. i usually put a special deal on my website at bank holiday time and link a facebook ad to it.
I like this tactic, I am going to adjust my facebook strategy to match, seems more targeted than just let it roll for a week.

Also another note is that apparently from research using the learn more button rather than other in your website ads converts better than the other buttons.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Window Cleaning Forums

Finding just the normal groups ok. Work tends to be more spread out but if u post everyday I would expect a couple of enquiries a week at least. Its a slow way to build up but I reckon will be a good way to keep ticking over when got a full round

Also another note is that apparently from research using the learn more button rather than other in your website ads converts better than the other buttons.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Window Cleaning Forums
so "learn more" sounds better than "about us" ? thats a nifty tip , cheers

I get maybe 80% of all my work through facebook, I have got maybe 110 customers in about 6 months, out of those I have lost maybe 6 or 7 and had 1 total messer.

Also started pushing pressure washing on facebook now the weather is getting better and out of two days advertising I now can't take on any more work for 3-4 weeks.

Still think door knocking is without a doubt the fastest way to build a round, but I have got a reasonable round going now and not knocked a single door, so it is very doable, just takes a bit longer. My advantage though is I work several small towns, so it doesn't matter where they are they are close to another job.

Back