Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer, chems, and 'orrible green stuff.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TolishAPurd

Thought I'd brainstorm a little with you folk. I've got a conny to do, flat mono pitch, plastic roof. By the looks of it its a homemade jobby.

It doesnt look like the roofs ever been cleaned and the algae is on thick. My plan of action is to use some ubik and water to soak it a little, a little scrub with the brush, and then attack the roof with a pressure washer as its a sealed unit (no air gaps). I'll then squeegee with a pole, nice and easy straight pulls with my 18".

My problem is my pressure washer lance wont be able to reach the far corner of the conny. I don't want to buy one of those long lances as I don't think I'll get enough use out of it. Has anyone ever rigged up anything like it? I was thinking along the lines of a harris pole, duck taping the lance to it, and then using some cord to pull the trigger. Anyone ever done anything like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pressure washing a conny may damage the seals and cause leaks, best bet is to spray with chem then give it a good scrub with the water off then go over it again with the water on then rinse.

Pressure washing a conny may damage the seals and cause leaks, best bet is to spray with chem then give it a good scrub with the water off then go over it again with the water on then rinse.
I thought it might. I was just going to use a wide fan attachment from a distance to get the worst off, not going near the seals with it.

What chem do you use?

Is it a poly carb roof or glass? Poly carb and you're laughing.

EDIT: just seen it's poly carb. No need to blade it off. Rinse it off with your jet wash, but not too much pressure as said water could find a way in.

Yep, poly carb mate, couldnt think of the word for it. Was only going to squeegee the worst of it off. I've done it before but never on one this dirty, its filth- (think Jodie Marsh). At least with glass you can use a nice new blade on the scraper. I'm hopefully doing the patio next to it too so i thought i may as well use the washer on the roof this time since I'll have it with me anyway.

I use virosol but have used a strong solution of fairy before and it worked a treat lolWhat machine have you got?
Yep fairy works a treat for me too. My washers nothing special just this one:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PETROL-PRESSURE-WASHER-LONCIN-7-HP-More-than-Honda-gx-200-6-5-hp-/271473175179?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item3f350fea8b

It does what I need it to do. What do you use, van mounted?

Phew I thought you were going to say the K word,Yeah van mount but thinking of getting a trailer as well for bigger jobs.
Lol, no I hate the word Kunt. ...and I hate Karchers too./emoticons/biggrin.png I suppose both will fck you over though.:rolleyes:

We have a poly roof above half of our kitchen. I cleaned that with fairy and a sponge from wilkos on the end of my Harris pole(just used string to tie it to it) it hadn't been cleaned in years and came up fine. As the roof has a big pitch I just used the garden hose to rinse it off.

It actually came up lovely

Latest Posts

Back